GetTogether 2013 @VisArtsIreland | Call fr Organisations fr Common Room Cafe | Call fr Volunteers

  • Visual Artists Ireland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013

      Get Together 2013

      GET TOGETHER 2013

      A day of engaged sharing, networking and information provision

      Friday 28 June, 2013
      National College of Art & Design, Dublin

      The Get Together 2013 gives practicing artists and those involved in the contemporary art world the opportunity to hear from and engage in discussion with invited international and local speakers about a number of key concerns and opportunities.

      This day-long event comprises four strands that will run simultaneously: Short Information Briefings, Art Writing, Current Trends in Academia and Cultural Corridors. The Common Room Cafe will provide a social space through out the day for taking time out, networking and gaining information. A Speed Curating event will also take place, where artists and curators will meet in quick-fire sessions. During lunch, our keynote speaker (TBA) will deliver a talk, and the day will culminate with a wine reception where discussions from the day can be continued in an informal way. There will also be a prize draw, where the winner will receive an original work by Nathalie du Pasquier entitled Sligo (5). Your paid registration will entitle you to a ticket as well as entry on the day.

      The Common Room Café is a social space within the Get Together 2013 event, where people can take time out, relax, network and also gain access to some of the opportunities made available to them by various visual art organisations.
      This can come in the form of a stall within the Common Room Café displaying services and/or facilities, an information pack, representatives or a platform to provide advice to the artists and curators who will be in attendance. We expect the attendance to be well in excess of 350 people.

      This is an opportunity to showcase what your organisation offers visual artists.
      There is a suggested donation of E25 to be part of The Common Room Cafe.

      Please email admin@... to secure a place and for any enquiries

      Visual Artists Ireland is calling for enthusiastic and flexible volunteers to help with the Get Together on Friday June 28th in the NCAD, Dublin. This will involve various duties and vital experience in running symposia. Selected volunteers will gain free entry to the Get Together along with travel expenses, lunch and access to the after party.

      For further information and to apply to be involved, please contact admin@...

      Early booking is advised – Early Bird discounted rates available until 1 May. Full details from http://visualartists.ie/education-2/current-programme/?ee=113

      We are grateful to the Arts Council, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Dublin City Council, CREATE, and AICA Ireland for their support with this event. In addition, we are also grateful to Ireland's EU Presidency 2013 for additional funding for our event.

      Irish Presidency of the Council of Europe 2013The Arts Council participation in the Cultural Programme to mark Ireland's Presidency of the Council of the European Union is supported by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht/ Tá rannpháirtíocht na Comhairle Ealaíon sa Chlár Cultúrtha chun comóradh a dhéanamh ar Uachtaránacht na hÉireann ar Chomhairle an Aontais Eorpaigh á tacú ag an Roinn Ealaíon, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta.

      Visual Artists Ireland is core funded by the Arts Council / An Chomhairle Ealaion and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.

      While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our information, we strongly advise subscribers to verify all details to their own satisfaction before forwarding artwork, slides or monies etc. with regard to opportunities.

      © the writer(s), the artist(s), and Visual Artists Ireland. This text is for personal use only. Artists may download this text for the limited purpose of use in their business or professional practice as artists. See below.

      This e-bulletin is sent in both plain text and html format. You can select your preferred format by choosing html or text in the preference settings of your email programme

      Unsubscribe / Subscribe
      To subscribe or unsubscribe to this e-bulletin please go to:� http://groups.yahoo.com/group/studio-ni/join

      e-bulletin Archive
      The e-bulletin is archived at� http://groups.yahoo.com/group/studio-ni/messages

      Visual Artists Ireland

      for Visual Artists in Northern Ireland

      Twitter Account #VisArtsIreland

      Facebook Page "Visual Artists Ireland”

      Facebook Page "Visual Artists Ireland - Professional Development”

      Facebook Page "for Visual Artists in Northern Ireland”

      The Common Room Social Network for Visual Artists

      FacebookTwitterDiggdel.icio.us Google ReaderRedditStumbleUpon

      Arts Council of Ireland

      Visual Artists Ireland is funded by the Arts Council /An Chomhairle Ealaíon and The Arts Council of Northern Ireland.

      Visual Artists Ireland is the trading name of the Sculptors' Society of Ireland Ltd.

      Ealaíontóirí Radharcacha Éire,

      Visual Artists Ireland,
      Central Hotel Chambers,
      7/9 Dame Court,
      Dublin 2
      Tel: +353 (0)1 672 9488
      Fax: +353 (0)1 672 9482
      Email: info@...

      We make most of our content freely available, therefore we ask that you pay us a courtesy by showing us as the source of the information. Articles from: Info~Pool, Visual Artists News Sheet, and Printed Project are subject to specific copyright and should not be copied without express permission.

      Arts Council of Northern Ireland Lottery Funded

      DCCCreate logo

      Click here to unsubscribe from future mailings.