Latest on @GuthGafa Intl Documentary #FilmFest 2013 in #Donegal

  • Guth Gafa Film Festival
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      Latest on Guth Gafa 2013
      7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Festival

      16th to 19th May 2013 - Malin Village, County Donegal

      New DatesNew LocationNew Jobs

      Industry Early Bird OfferMedia Partners 2013!

      Sneak preview of first films in programme below

      Soundbreaker by Kimmo Koskela will screen at Guth Gafa

      The Guth Gafa Film Festival returns to Donegal after a year's break, in a stunning new location, Malin Village on Inishowen Peninsula.  The 7th Guth Gafa will also host screenings and events in Derry for the first time, as part of a partnership with Derry-Londonderry City of Culture 2013.

      New Location

      Malin Village is at the edge of Ireland and Europe, a picturesque and peaceful village, lapped by the Atlantic Ocean. It is ideally located at a convenient traveling distance from the City of Derry, and the Donegal towns of Carndonagh, Buncrana, Moville and Letterkenny.

      New Dates

      Our 2013 festival runs from 16th to 19th May, with satelite events in and around Inishowen and Derry during the week commencing 12th May.  The Opening Night film will be in our new main cinema location in the Malin Hotel, and films will also be screened in the National Cinemobile and other venues around the village.

      New Jobs

      We are currently recruiting staff, interns and volunteers for this year's Festival.  If you love film, especially documentaries, then get involved - there's something for everyone to do at Guth Gafa, and it is a great fun event to be involved in. P
      lease look at the Jobs News piece on our website.

      Industry Early Bird Offer

      From now until Monday 4th March, we are offering an Early Bird Accreditation Deal of 75% off the full rate for 2013, which will be €80.  So for the next 4 days, all of our film and television industry friends can purchase an Industry Accreditiation for just €20 + VAT, which allows you access to all screenings, seminars, debates, parties, and an industry networking lunch or dinner. Full details on our website.

      Programme Highlights

      We will announce our full programme of selected films by mid-April, but here's a taste of some of the amazing films that we have in store for you.

      Soundbreaker (Kimmo Koskela, 2012)
      A film odyssey that follows some of the sonic adventures of one of the world’s most exciting and fearless artists – Finland’s Kimmo Pohjonen. An accordionist of exceptional ability and imagination, Kimmo’s musical history goes back more than twenty years in rock, folk, avant-garde, improvisation, classical, dance and theatre music projects.

      Wrong Time Wrong Place (John Appel, 2012)
      This was the opening film at the 25th Anniversary IDFA 2013.  It deals sensitively and compassionately with the story of 5 individuals who were present on Utoya island in Norway when Andres Brevik took the lives of 77 people.  The film shows the role of coincidence in this tragedy. A sequence of small
      , trivial happenings marks the thin line between life and dead. Wrong Time, Wrong Place is a film about the bargain with fate. However much one tries to influence fate, in the end coincidence calls the shots.

      Village at the End of the World (Sarah Gavron, 2012)
      Lars is the only teenager in town who, in a community of hunters doesn't want to hunt. Niaqornat in North West Greenland has a population of only 59, with no local industry people are being forced to leave to find jobs in the nearest town.  Whilst the rest of the community pull together to try and re-open the fish-factory, Lars begins to plan his escape.

      Media Partners 2013

      Guth Gafa is very proud to announce that we are partnering for 2013 with Associated Newspapers (Ireland) as our national Print Media partner, with Highland Radio as our regional Radio partner, with IFTN as our Online Industry partner, and with RTE, through their Supporting The Arts scheme, as our national broadcast partner - watch out for our RTE TV ads in early May!

      Contact Us

      Please check our website for more information   www.guthgafa.com
      or contact the festival team on

      +353 (0) 76 602 7777 or on +353 (0) 46 9011335
      or email to info AT guthgafa.com

      Guth Gafa 2013 is supported by:

      Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival would like to gratefully acknowledge the support of Bord Scannán na hÉireann/The Irish Film Board and The Arts Council in the production of this newsletter.

      www.guthgafa.com

      7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film festival

      16th - 19th of May 2013

      Films on the Edge

      Unsubscribe from this list.

      Our mailing address is: info@...

      Copyright (C) 2009 Guth Gafa All rights reserved.

      Forward this email to a friend

      Update your profile
      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp