Fw: @IrishComicNews: Our Top Posts From ThisPast Week
- 'Ghosts in the Glass' anthology on sale, £1 goes to Action Cancer
----------------- Forwarded Message -----
From: Irish Comic News <tommiekelly@...>
Sent: Friday, 1 March 2013, 19:52
Subject: Irish Comic News
Irish Comic NewsPosted: 01 Mar 2013 05:05 AM PSTHere are our most clicked on posts from this apst week:And as always, thanks for reading.Also remember that this month is Irish Comic Book month so ask for Irish comics in your local comic shop and support the events taking place this month across Ireland by looking at our number 2 post this week above.Posted: 01 Mar 2013 02:55 AM PST
Stephen Downey is at it again:Creator Owned Day returns Tuesday 5th March 2013! Last year’s challenge saw comic creators writing and drawing up new characters, readers celebrating their favourite creator-owned series and a trending topic on Twitter.A quick recap of the challenge details:
Create a sketch of an original character or concept and and post it on your Blog, Twitter etc on Tuesday 5th March. It should be a concept completely owned by the artist (or co-owned with the writer/collaborators permission to post).Why? A number of reasons:1. A lot of reader and creator focus is on characters owned by larger corporations. Let’s bring a little spotlight on creating brand new, creator owned concepts.
2. Bringing a little awareness to the business side of co-creating original content. Take a look at Jeff Parker’s article and follow up comments on the subject. Co-creators can take this opportunity as a little trial run, just make sure to have a mutual agreement in advance.
3. Fun! A few creators discussed the idea on Twitter and thought it was a great opportunity to create something entirely new, while bringing attention to these sketches.The details:1. Create an sketch of a new character/character you own. We’re doing this primarily to get our imaginations running, so a concept specifically created for Creator Owned Day is probably ideal. It should NOT be a character owned by either a company eg. Marvel’s Wolverine, OR owned by other creators e.g. Todd McFarlane’s Spawn. It also shouldn’t take distinct features from characters owned by others e.g. Wolverspawn You must own the character.
2. Post it on your blog, or Facebook, Twitter etc.
3. Share your post using the Twitter hashtag #CreatorOwnedDay.
4. Help us spread the word by retweeting your favourite new characters.Let’s see what we can come up with!
You are subscribed to email updates from Irish Comic News Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610