15451Exodus, Passover and life in Limbo @ExchangeDublin in #Dublin

  • belfringe
    Apr 13 7:07 AM
      Pretty quiet the last few weeks in Exchange, how's everyone else doing?

      Hi everyone!

      So, as some of you may have already heard, Exchange has had a difficult few weeks, though it has been made immeasurably easier by all the support and friendship received!

      Exchange's unit is in a state of suspended inanimation, currently closed to the public since February 7th. We opened for March 8&9 for International Women's Day on March with with the support of DCC and Action Aid for a pop-up weekend exhibition and workshops. There were loads of visitors, 1200 euros were raised for Action Aid and it was a wonderful and positive weekend.

      Thanks to everyone who has signed our petition, sent emails and showed support over the past 2 months! After a lot of thought, reflection and discussion and several meetings with Dublin City Council and Temple Bar Cultural Trust, we are putting forward our proposal for discussion and feedback. We have been asked to make some changes, and we hope to get the chance to prove they work. We are applying for Unit 4 on Joyce Street as a contingency. This would be available from mid-May onwards under DCC's Vacant Spaces Initiative.
      We received emails in the past week to say that DCC 'need' to clear our furniture out by April 23rd which is disappointing. A few volunteers will be attending the South East Area meeting on Monday at 3pm to speak to councillors and see if there are any announcements. To attend, email a councillor to get a pass.
      What can you do if you can't make the meeting? Let us know what you think of these proposals by emailing info@....

      We're not sure what happens next, but we're hopeful - perhaps the late great Phillip Seymour Hoffman said it better.

      Love
      Exchange
      Copyright © 2014 Exchange Dublin, All rights reserved.
      Hi!You're receiving this email because at some point you sent an email to us asking to join the mailing list or did so directly on our website.Thanks!

      Our mailing address is:
      Exchange Dublin
      Unit 1, Exchange Street Upper
      Temple Bar