14602#Dublin @IrishwritersCtr - Spring #writing Courses and Christmas Gift Vouchers

  • belfringe
    Nov 19, 2013
      http://www.Studio-NI.org

      From: Irish Writers' Centre
      Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:17:20 -0500 (EST)
      Subject: Spring Courses and Christmas Gift Vouchers
      IWCLogo

      Telling a Story Through Character
      with
      Gerry Stembridge
      Weekend Course
      23rd-24th November
      Beginning a Novel
      with
      Catherine Dunne
      Weekend Course
      23rd-24th November
      November Newsletter
      Greetings!

      November has been a busy month here at the Irish Writers' Centre. Our Publishing Day for short story writers was a successful, well attended event. We look forward to bringing you two more publishing days in the new year, including one for children's writers. Check our website in early 2014 for details.

      There are still a limited number of places left on two courses we are running this weekend of 23rd and 24th of November with two acclaimed Irish writers, Gerry Stembridge and Catherine Dunne. Click here for more details.

      We also held MINDSHIFT, a professional development day geared to assist published writers in promoting themselves and their work. We will also be holding more professional development events in the new year. Keep an eye on our website for details.

      By the end of November we will be announcing a range of evening and weekend courses starting in February. See below for more details.
       Christmas Vouchers for Spring Courses

       One of our spring courses starting in February would make an ideal Christmas present for any writer or aspiring writer you know. We will be announcing a range of courses by the end of November that will suit everyone from the neophyte to the more advanced writer. Vouchers are available for any amount towards the cost of a course.

      Check our website for details in early December or contact us on 01-872 1302.
      Takin' the Mic'- Open Mic' Night

      Takin' the Mic' is an open mic' night at the Irish Writers' Centre, taking place one Friday every month. Our next event is on Friday the 13th at 19.00.

      Writers, spoken-word artists and musicians are all welcome to perform. There's a place for scriveners of every hue.

      Admission is free and doors are at 7.00 pm, whence we'll start taking names of people who'd like to perform around. You can't sign up by email, you've got to be there. The earlier spots fill first. Hope to see you there!

      New Irish Communities Workshops

      The Irish Writers' Centre is proud to host a series of workshops throughout November aimed at people for whom English is their second language. The first two have been a success and there are still places available for the 23rd and 30th November between 11.00-13.00.

      The course is suitable for those new to writing and those who may have written in another language before, but are new to writing in English.

      To book a place email  courses@...
      Places are offered on a first come first served basis.

      Sincerely,

      all at the Irish Writers' Centre.

      Copyright © 20XX. All Rights Reserved.

      Irish Writers' Centre | 19 Parnell Square | Dublin | 1 | Ireland