Kick Start

  • Kalyan Varma
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22 7:58 AM
      we have to start work on this.
      I guess all you guys are busy with Internals. So we'll
      start discussion on this list starting wed.

      All the best guys

      - -kalyan
    • rakesh h k
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23 7:22 AM
        hi!

        first tell me can join two mailing lists by just
        making a member with the address of the another
        mailing list if such a thing can be done i think it
        would be better.
        as many of them donot know the importance of ipv6 and
        if we write some mails as an intro it would definitely
        click big time.

        if you do this add classact2@yahoogroups.com

        c u
        raki.
        --- Kalyan Varma <kalyan@...> wrote:

        > we have to start work on this.
        > I guess all you guys are busy with Internals. So
        > we'll
        > start discussion on this list starting wed.
        >
        > All the best guys
        >
        > - -kalyan

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • Kalyan Varma
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23 8:35 AM
          First of all yahoo does not let you do this. Bu it has
          a feature where in I can download the memners list from
          one group and add this to the list.

          If you can tell me what is this list intended for then
          maybe we can forward few mails from this list.

          Thanks for the feedback.
          As of April 23rd 9 pm we have 14 members in the list.
          lets try to push this number to 100 by the mid of next month.

          bye

          - -kalyan

          On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, rakesh h k wrote:

          > hi!
          >
          > first tell me can join two mailing lists by just
          > making a member with the address of the another
          > mailing list if such a thing can be done i think it
          > would be better.
          > as many of them donot know the importance of ipv6 and
          > if we write some mails as an intro it would definitely
          > click big time.
          >
          > if you do this add classact2@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > c u
          > raki.
        • Gaurav Vaz
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24 2:10 AM
            hey kalyan,

            good thing this IPV6 mailing list and all that but could you let
            us (or rather me) know some reference material so that i could kinda catch
            up on the terms which are gonna bombard me soon. (online or offline,
            preferably offline, but online will do!! :-))

            gaurav.
          • Kalyan Varma
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24 6:08 PM
              Gaurav,
              As I said, we are soon going to have a 2 day workshop kinda
              thing in our college on IPv6. We are going to have few of the
              best networking guys coming and talking about IPv6. Dont worry,
              the workshop is going to cover the following.

              1. Why IPV6 in India ?
              2. What is IPV6 ?
              3. How to implement IPV6 ?
              4. Who can implement IPV6 ?
              5. What is the advantage over IPV4 ?
              6. How much time it require to switch over from IPV4 to IPV6 ?
              7. Where one can get help about it ?
              8. list of the company who are using it ?
              9. Which OS is required ? ;-)
              10. What are the security issue ?

              You dont need to have any previous knowledge of IP.
              However, I will in a day or 2 will post basics of IPV6.
              After this workshop we need to start of various activities / projects
              on IPv6.

              Keep POsting....

              - -kalyan

              On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Gaurav Vaz wrote:

              > hey kalyan,
              >
              > good thing this IPV6 mailing list and all that but could you let
              > us (or rather me) know some reference material so that i could kinda catch
              > up on the terms which are gonna bombard me soon. (online or offline,
              > preferably offline, but online will do!! :-))
              >
              > gaurav.
            • Kalyan Varma
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2001
                There has been a major conflict about when to have the
                workshop. Many people want it on a weekend , but again
                lot of the people say it should be a weekday. Because of
                this issue the date has not been finalised yet.

                I want to hear from what people have to say in
                this list.

                - -kalyan