string figure of the month

  • Myriam Namolaru
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hello,

      The last string figure of the month is beautiful. I love series.

      You can find these figures in BISFA 8  2001
      "Pangwe and Bubi String Figures" collected by Gunter Tessmann
      translated by Axel Reichert and annoted and illustred by Mark Sherman.

      In the beginning, I thought I knew the first figure, because the first two steps are like steps in the figure "Ambra"
      in the Joe D'Antoni's article, "String figures with unusual hand extensions" BISFA 14 2007.
      "Ambra" is a thrusting figure. But "Eye of the Bay Duiker" no.
      What I love in string figures is the opportunity to amaze myself or someone else.
      With a series you have this possibility.
      All the figures in this series are like one eye.

      Thank you Mark to make us this video.

      Myriam

    • Myriam Namolaru
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2011
        Hello,

        We got a very lovely string figure this month: a bird's nest.
        http://www.isfa.org/sfotm/november_2011/birds_nest_1.htm

        He isn't three-dimensional like other nests, for example here:http://www.isfa.org/sfmv1n1.htm
        but this one has two entrances and it is so easy to make.

        Myriam