Re: [string-figures] String figure code

  • mirel40@club.lemonde.fr
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006

      Whenever I see a Mizz email, I just delete it too.

      I'm vey found of this figure

      G. B. GORDON

      Medium string

      A. Opening A.

      B. 1 ,below 2v, picks up 2f.
      Release 2.

      C. 1 picks up 5n.
      Release 5.

      D. 5 picks up lower 1f².
      Then 5 hooks down
      the remaining 1f.

      E. R2, from above, picks up
      upper R1n.

      F. L2 picks up L1 string
      a continuation of R2f.

      G. 1 passes behind, (away
      from you) 2n.
      It´s release one of the
      loop of 1.

      H. Navaho 1.
      This is the river and
      the mountains.
      You have a loop on 1,
      one on 2.
      5 remains bent on his

      I. 3, enters, from below,
      in 2..... then passes below 1n...
      ...2 et 3 grasp 1n
      between them.
      Straighten 2 et 3....
      passing by the loop 2
      slipping off..

      ...Release 1.
      These are the mountains.

      J. 1 picks up the string
      crossing the loop 2.
      This is fly.

      K. Release 2.

      L. 2 removes from above 1.

      M. Extend.
      This is the river around
      the mountain.

      You have a loop on 2,
      and one on 5.

      N. L1 picks up the string
      transverse passing in
      front of the figure,
      at the foot of the

      O. R1 et R2 wrap the string
      L1n once around L1.

      P. R1 picks up L1²n.

      Q. 1 picks up 2n
      Navaho 1 (lift the two
      lower loops,
      over the upper loop)

      R. Release 2. Extend.

      This the fisher and the
      You have a loop on 1,
      and one on 5.

      S. The strings pull taut ...
      release R5.
      The fish got out ....the
      fisherman caught it

      But i prefer my continuation DON'T DO S.
      A. R1 and R2 catch between them the only
      transverse string that don´t
      go through the "fish".

      B. They put this string on L1 so it will be
      the lower loop in L1.

      R1 and R2 release the string.
      R1 and R2 catch the L1 upper loop.
      Release the two loops on L1.

      R1 and R2 put again the loop, they caught,
      on L1.

      You see two mountains, a river and the fish.
      Release R5.. Extend.

      I thought i can't invent a continuation after this.
      but one day I did

      C. L2 enters, toward you,
      between the X´s upper legs.
      L3 enters, toward you,