3659Re: SA 2013 error

  • Tom
    Mar 22, 2013
      I want to thank everyone who replied. I did contact Delorme and for anyone who might have this problem, here is what they said to do.

      You will need to install the jet40 drivers from the Street Atlas USA installation disc to solve the issue. Insert the disc, then navigate to `Computer'. Right click on the DVD drive and choose `Open' to view the contents of the disc. Open the Util folder, then the odbc folder. Here you will see an application called jet40sp3_comp.exe right click on this and choose to Run As Administrator. Once it runs try opening the Street Atlas software again.

      IT WORKED!

      --- In streetatlas@yahoogroups.com, "Barry & Cindy" <Foretraveler@...> wrote:

      > I did a Google on your problem and it seems to something that has been
      > happening to lots of programs for many years, so it does not seem to be a
      > Win 8 problem.
      > It seems that one guy uninstalled, reinstalled with anti virus off and it
      > still did not help, but below is what he said did fix it. I suggest you
      > Google your specific error message.
      > Their fix is quite technical and maybe there are other options.
      > Barry & Cindy
      >

      > "I corrected the problem with your suggestions. At this Microsoft site:
      > http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... wsignin1.0
      > I found the following which allowed me to correct the problem:
      >
      > "Resolution for incorrect registry settings problem:
      > Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
      > Locate the following key in the registry:
      > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI
      > Installation information for ODBC drivers is stored in this key. Make sure
      > that all the required ODBC driver files are in the correct folder as
      > described by the registry keys. For example, assume that you have the
      > following information in your registry for the Microsoft Access ODBC driver:
      > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Microsoft Access Driver
      > (*.mdb)
      >
      > Driver = C:\WINNT\System\Odbcjt32.dll
      > Setup = C:\WINNT\System\Odbcjt32.dll
      > This will cause an error if the Odbcjt32.dll file is in the
      > C:\WINNT\System32 folder. You can modify the registry key values to
      > C:\WINNT\System32\odbcjt32.dll to solve this problem. Also verify that the
      > Odbcinst.ini file has the correct entries in the same way."
      >
      > After changing the System to System32 for the Driver and Setup, the Find tab
      > now works in Street Atlas."
      >

      > -----Original Message----- On Behalf Of Tom
      > Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:29 PM
      > I am running windows 8 and SA 2013. When I load SA I get the following
      > error:
      >
      > Warning Point driver (gaz): Data source name not found and no default driver
      > specified C:\Program Files (x86)\DeLorme\Street Atlas USA 2013
      > Plus\Gaz\XMapGaz.mdb
      >
      > The program runs except the major city names appear at level 6.7but
      > disappear at level 7.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic