3658RE: [StreetAtlas] SA 2013 error

  • Barry & Cindy
    Mar 19, 2013
      I did a Google on your problem and it seems to something that has been
      happening to lots of programs for many years, so it does not seem to be a
      Win 8 problem.
      It seems that one guy uninstalled, reinstalled with anti virus off and it
      still did not help, but below is what he said did fix it. I suggest you
      Google your specific error message.
      Their fix is quite technical and maybe there are other options.
      Barry & Cindy

      "I corrected the problem with your suggestions. At this Microsoft site:
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... wsignin1.0
      I found the following which allowed me to correct the problem:

      "Resolution for incorrect registry settings problem:
      Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
      Locate the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI
      Installation information for ODBC drivers is stored in this key. Make sure
      that all the required ODBC driver files are in the correct folder as
      described by the registry keys. For example, assume that you have the
      following information in your registry for the Microsoft Access ODBC driver:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Microsoft Access Driver
      (*.mdb)

      Driver = C:\WINNT\System\Odbcjt32.dll
      Setup = C:\WINNT\System\Odbcjt32.dll
      This will cause an error if the Odbcjt32.dll file is in the
      C:\WINNT\System32 folder. You can modify the registry key values to
      C:\WINNT\System32\odbcjt32.dll to solve this problem. Also verify that the
      Odbcinst.ini file has the correct entries in the same way."

      After changing the System to System32 for the Driver and Setup, the Find tab
      now works in Street Atlas."

      -----Original Message----- On Behalf Of Tom
      Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:29 PM
      I am running windows 8 and SA 2013. When I load SA I get the following
      error:

      Warning Point driver (gaz): Data source name not found and no default driver
      specified C:\Program Files (x86)\DeLorme\Street Atlas USA 2013
      Plus\Gaz\XMapGaz.mdb

      The program runs except the major city names appear at level 6.7but
      disappear at level 7.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic