3644Re: [StreetAtlas] DeLorme

  • tzcrews@aol.com
    Aug 3, 2012
      I do use "Quickest" as default. One of the strangest routes it gave me was
      from an island with no bridge to the mainland over a "bridge" that does not
      exist. I was tempted to report to DOT that I could save them many millions
      of dollars. There are limits to these things.

      In a message dated 8/3/2012 5:00:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      gzander1@... writes:

      On thing that people do when planning and laying down a route is to have
      the preferred route set to "Shortest" instead of "Quickest". When you do
      that it will route you through the weirdest ways just to safe you maybe
      a quarter of a mile.
      Happened to me a couple of times till I caught on .

      On 8/3/2012 6:32 AM, _tzcrews@..._ (mailto:tzcrews@...) wrote:
      > I too look for helpful hints. We use the latest versions of Street Atlas
      > for travel in our motorhome and it's great for planning, customizing and
      > recording favorite routes to use again. The huge drawback to DeLorme
      maps is
      > the number of incomplete and inaccurate road locations, intersections or
      > thereof. I can see about a dozen mistakes within a couple of blocks of my
      > office that cause awkward routing suggestions. On the other hand, I am
      > amazed at the incredible amount, speed to find and accuracy of the Map
      on our
      > new iPad. I haven't learned if I can plan a route like we do with Street
      > Atlas, but I often consult it before believing what SA is showing me.
      Wish SA