Re: Continuing the Fic

  • T.j.
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2012
      yea I have a feeling that Dark Harry and Harry did a body swap as well, I also have a feeling that Dark Harry might have also been seeking out Voldemort as well as "re" training light Harry's body to get it to what the Dark Harry is used too

    • patrickwalker90@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 14 , May 11, 2012
        See? Now we are brain storming. I got a few twist to add in the mix. A 3rd side of the war, headed by Grindlewald with Dark Harry as his right hand, after Voldemort tried to kill him anyway. D-Harry frees Gellert and makes Nurmengard their Fortress. He refused to help the ministry, and tried to kill dumbledore when he arrived, so he makes his own side and is now one of the most wanted criminals in the world. Lets say he killed somebody, like Draco,,, and Malfoy senior put a bounty so large on his head even the Weasleys turned on him... When Harry comes back, bringing GwL Katie with him who wanted a chance at another life, finds the world is against him without any allys, So he tracks down Nicholas Flamel, who didn't run out of Elixer of Life yet, for help...

        There is really any amount of ways this can be done. Im willing to try to co-write, Im not Jono, But I got a few ideas that could help the story if we decide to pick this up. Im also only able to work on it Fridays- Sunday.

        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "T.j." <deprimidachick09@...> wrote:

        > yea I have a feeling that Dark Harry and Harry did a body swap as well, I also have a feeling that Dark Harry might have also been seeking out Voldemort as well as "re" training light Harry's body to get it to what the Dark Harry is used too
        >
        > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "Aaran" <ciroth@> wrote:
        > >
        > > That is what I think as well. I also think that the Dark Harry that our
        > > Harry replaced did a body swap.. I was looking forward to reading that part
        > > in three.

      • Sourabh
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15 7:07 AM
          Well, I could help as well - I've written only a few stories before in fanon and would love to collaborate and learn. But is this really happening?

          --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "patrickwalker90@..." <icyyagami@...> wrote:

          > Well.. as much as i hat e to be the only person that brings this up again, i think it must be done. This fic was a masterpiece. It beat the hell out of canon. and it has to be One of the most revered of its kind. Why Not Have a group of people make a fic based off of it? kinda like a FGanfict of this fanfict? Get a couple of decent fic writers, and just collaborate a possible ending. Its like Davinci left the Mona Lisa unfinished, So why not have a few other artist finish another version of it? I think I would be pretty bad ass, especially assuming the original Author turns on his Computer again and finishes it, then they could compare the two. What do You say? Is anybody with me?

        • Pat Machala
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 15 6:10 PM
            What fanfic are you talking about? Sound like fun.

            Pat Machala
            pat6121@...

            Well, I could help as well - I've written only a few stories before in fanon and would love to collaborate and learn. But is this really happening?

            --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "patrickwalker90@..." <icyyagami@...> wrote:

            > Well.. as much as i hat e to be the only person that brings this up again, i think it must be done. This fic was a masterpiece. It beat the hell out of canon. and it has to be One of the most revered of its kind. Why Not Have a group of people make a fic based off of it? kinda like a FGanfict of this fanfict? Get a couple of decent fic writers, and just collaborate a possible ending. Its like Davinci left the Mona Lisa unfinished, So why not have a few other artist finish another version of it? I think I would be pretty bad ass, especially assuming the original Author turns on his Computer again and finishes it, then they could compare the two. What do You say? Is anybody with me?

          • benny3690
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 26, 2012
              I can't believe it has been 4 years since this story has been updated, yet it is a testament to its greatness that I still check it regularly. I want an ending so badly I don't care who writes it as long as it's done in the same fashion as the rest of the story. Please, whoever has the means and quite frankly the balls to do it, please do.

              --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "wiljoy" <wiljoy2004@...> wrote:

              > I'm honestly surprised this group is still active. But yes, I agree we should start considering the idea. But here's the rub...This was meant to be a trilogy. It will be a huge time commitment to whoever chooses to do this because they will have to finish this story and then write the last story. This is a lot harder than it sounds because we have no diea where Juno had planned to go with the third chapter of the trilogy and it will be hard to maintain "canon" without that. I agree though, the second book should be finished. I might actually consider doing so since I'll probably be extremely bored in the coming months.
              >
              > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "patrickwalker90@" <icyyagami@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well.. as much as i hat e to be the only person that brings this up again, i think it must be done. This fic was a masterpiece. It beat the hell out of canon. and it has to be One of the most revered of its kind. Why Not Have a group of people make a fic based off of it? kinda like a FGanfict of this fanfict? Get a couple of decent fic writers, and just collaborate a possible ending. Its like Davinci left the Mona Lisa unfinished, So why not have a few other artist finish another version of it? I think I would be pretty bad ass, especially assuming the original Author turns on his Computer again and finishes it, then they could compare the two. What do You say? Is anybody with me?

            • yinyangdragonz
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 22, 2013
                I second that, and I will happily read it if it's written in this 'verse!
                And I will cheer my socks off if someone makes a go of finishing any of it! First step is the hardest, right? I think they would have to be big brass ones, it's such a built and complex piece... but wouldn't we all cheer the effort? (And then pig out on the work produced! ^_^ )
                Wow, addicted much? At least, I think I'd identify as one at this point... although there's something to be said about withdrawal.

                Cheers,

                As a footnote, I tried to explain to my Parental Unit at one point why people are so passionate about fanfiction, and what authors go through, how they don't make money off of it. She asked about credit, and I told her about how some stories are just SO good, that they become sought after and revered knowledge in the various fandoms, and the authors become legends themselves in their own right. It's ironic, but I don't know how many people in the Adventure/AU 'verse HP Fandom know of this series, despite my firm belief that it's likely the best I've ever read. This was/is the best kept secret of HP FanFic. Full stop. (Although I still do my best to change that secret part every chance I get!)

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 23, 2013
                  Hi Pat!

                  If you are in this group's message boards, I can't help but assume that you know of The Stranger Trilogy it was created for? (If not, here's my gentle nudge that you go wading through the files posted and read them! ^_^)

                  The Trilogy appears to be abandoned, much to our sorrow.

                  Some people on the group are considering finishing the current book in progress, and possibly writing book three if I am reading all this correctly. Many of us want to have some closure, an ending to this epic story. There was an apt earlier analogy used that involved the Mona Lisa, imagine it was never finished. We want to see the picture finished and whole. That is the discussion, to the best of my knowledge.

                  Cheers,

                  P.S.
                  I'm not such a fantastic writer, but if there's anyway I can help, I would LOVE to part of it. It DOES sound like fun!

                  --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Pat Machala <PAT6121@...> wrote:

                  > What fanfic are you talking about? Sound like fun.
                  >
                  > Pat Machala
                  > pat6121@...

                • elnooryn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 26, 2013

                    Yeah well, it's a difficult strory. I mean it has a lot of turns. Big story.

                    It would be a challenge to write it further, besides Jono.

                    I followed this story years ago. Very sad to see that Jono didn't pick it up were he left it.