Re: So I assume Jono is still...AWOL?

  • Roxas
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
      i think if it were to have one shot thoughts that it should be from other famous fanfic writers like cassandra claire and such.
    • Whitney
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2010
        I don't want to sound rude, but honestly, if people were to write in the verse, I wouldn't say they need to be "famous fanfic writers" because some of the "good" writers aren't the best ones. (Claire, for instance, has a great imagination but her plots are relatively simple. And anyways, she's publishing original work now. No time for HP fandom anymore, probably; she also would stay out of it because of copyright laws and the amount of attention on her as published author.)

        Jono hasn't popped in for a while now, and ideally, he'd be the one to okay the writing of any extension of this verse, but I would think one-shots would fine for anyone to write as long as they source Jono and this series first as well as state that it was an unauthorized branch off. The author could take it down if Jono opposes it.

        But then again, this is my personal opinion.
      • Lindsay Aiello
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2010
          Agree. That sounds fair...and it would be the first time people have done that. As long as recognition is give to Jono.

          Statistically, Americans are the most intelligent people in the world with an average IQ of 108.
          Staistically, Americans are the most psychopathic people in the world with 1 in 7 being clinically psychopathic.
          Draw your own conclusions...

          I don't want to sound rude, but honestly, if people were to write in the verse, I wouldn't say they need to be "famous fanfic writers" because some of the "good" writers aren't the best ones. (Claire, for instance, has a great imagination but her plots are relatively simple. And anyways, she's publishing original work now. No time for HP fandom anymore, probably; she also would stay out of it because of copyright laws and the amount of attention on her as published author.)

          Jono hasn't popped in for a while now, and ideally, he'd be the one to okay the writing of any extension of this verse, but I would think one-shots would fine for anyone to write as long as they source Jono and this series first as well as state that it was an unauthorized branch off. The author could take it down if Jono opposes it.

          But then again, this is my personal opinion.

        • David Wither
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2010
            One man's famous and favorite author is another man's infamous and despised author.

            Just let this story die in peace.

            On 25/04/2010, at 8:23 AM, Lindsay Aiello wrote:

            > Agree. That sounds fair...and it would be the first time people have done that. As long as recognition is give to Jono.
            >
            > Statistically, Americans are the most intelligent people in the world with an average IQ of 108.
            > Staistically, Americans are the most psychopathic people in the world with 1 in 7 being clinically psychopathic.
            > Draw your own conclusions...

          • theinvisiblemike
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 28, 2010
              --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, David Wither <davidwither@...> wrote:

              > One man's famous and favorite author is another man's infamous and despised author.
              >
              > Just let this story die in peace.

              This story will never die in peace or rest in peace. It has unfinished business, so it will moan restlessly in the night for all eternity.
            • disturbeds_disciple
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2010
                Honestly, I think the reason no one's tried is because that's like admitting defeat...like saying "Jono's gone and done, so I'm going to take his story and make it my own." When it comes to a great fanfic like this, people should at least have the decency to wait for an official end from Jono or his beta, whether that be continuing the series or saying it's been abandoned. Don't rip off ideas from this brillant writer, and treat his work with the same respect you would wish towards your own.