Ask to participate in a capacity test of the Writing Center IV

  • Wim Vincken
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Dear All,

      After my previous announcements, I assume that you are aware that The Writing Center IV is moving to its new web server (http://www.writingcenter4.info).

      The purpose of the WC4 was (and still is) to create an encyclopedia about the HP-universe, adding information about fics (HP-stories) from all over the Internet, offer thousands of HP-related art and tens of thousands of downloadable HP-fics. Lately I added functionality for community building, but still busy with the process. All of that information is stored in a wiki-engine and that makes it so unique. That original purpose was put on hold because of the capacity problems of the (old) WC4.

      With the new location, those capacity problems are gone ... I think.

      In order to test if the new location of the WC4 is indeed capable to handle many concurrent visitors (people who browse the site at the same time), I ask you politely and friendly to participate in a performance test.

      The performance test will be held at:
      Time: Friday, 3rd of July, 8pm GMT
      Number of participants: 2,600 invitees, preferable more
      Duration: Until the whole thing crashes or everyone gets enough
      Purpose: To see what the performance is of TikiWiki 3.1 under a load of at least 2,000 concurrent users

      As bonus for participating to that test, I will release the restrictions of the galleries from Friday, 3rd of July, 8pm GMT to Friday, 3rd of July, 11pm GMT

      Wim