Re: I wish the circus would stop coming to town

  • madfoot_moony
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
      Heh, considering that by definition the word intelligent means:
      "having or showing intelligence", I imagine that you ignore quite a
      lot of sentences XD.

      --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "cookie monster"
      <dpdeluxe_19@...> wrote:

      > lol. he can say whatever he wants, i ignore unintelligent sentences
      > anyway.
      >
      > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "Insane_Flare"
      > <insane_flare@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "zaito1985" <zaito1985@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Wow - just read the original post for this thread...
      > > >
      > > > Who let this idiot have a keyboard?
      > > >

      > > Next time you want to open your mouth to inform us of something...
      > > just.. keep your proverbial mouth closed.

    • arecnis101
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
        Methinks Zaito carries much Hate.

        Ohm
        Ohm
        Ohm.

        Just take a chill pill everyone please ? Why not ? Its not like the
        world is going to end should Jono never update again....wait...its is
        going to end!!!!

        Why all this angst ? Its like we love to emo over slow updates and
        the like.

        8s

        Please dont flame people.

        God Bless n take care all.

        wrote:

        > Wow - just read the original post for this thread...
        >
        > Who let this idiot have a keyboard?

      • elnooryn
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
          So true.

          <dpdeluxe_19@...> wrote:

          > OK ENOUGH ALREADY. We already know its a long wait for Jono to post
          > new chapter. We already know the usual spiels about quality over
          > quantity. We already know ppl are just bringing this up over and
          over
          > in old and boring ways to irk even the silentest of fanatical
          lurkers.

          > ------ Get a hint --------
          > The author is a real life person with real life dreams and goals.
          His
          > life doesnt revolve around fanfiction.
          >
          > Ok you got that?
          >
          > Lemme say it again
          >
          > Fanfiction is Jonos hobby - not his life - the mans got other
          > priorities and things to do that are way higher on the list than
          > fanfiction.
          >
          > Yall sure ya heard?
          >
          > Naw i dont think so --- lemme break it down
          >
          > Stop nagging the absent author (who cannot hear you by the way; but
          > the rest of the group who sees the returning circus all the time
          can)
          > about updates.
          >
          > If the man hits a tough spot and has got to buckle it down and get
          > serious with his life who are you to be griping for a new chapter
          > every couple days. Read previous posts ... he said a long time ago
          how
          > things were .... he wasnt even getting access to the internet.
          >
          > As long as Jono is alive I have utmost faith in him eventually
          getting
          > at least a message back to the group sooner or later.
          >
          > JUST WAIT FOR THE NEW CHAPTER. Jeez. Is that so hard? Do something
          > constructive meantime. Bungee jumping is a recommendation. It will
          > make you rethink your life priorities - always a good thing.
          >
          > Itd be great to only hear about recent jono sightings and not new
          > chapter requests (HINNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT --- NOTE THE CAPITALS).
          >
          > Now gimme a cookie and get on with your life.
          >
          > Until next time i get fed up and am grumpy because of girl problems
          > Psycho who eats childrens cookies
          > Peace out
          >

          > The person who doesn't read is no better off than the person who
          can't
          > read.
          >
          > You become what you study. In other words, be careful what you study
          > and learn, because your mind is so powerful that you become what you
          > put in your head. - hehehehe cookie eating manual - mwahahhahaha
          >
          > The person who stops studying merely because he has finished school
          is
          > forever hopelessly doomed to mediocrity, no matter what may be his
          > calling.
          >
          > The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge. -
          > how to eat 40 cookies in 2 seconds -

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 5, 2009
            --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "cookie monster" <dpdeluxe_19@...> wrote:

            > OK ENOUGH ALREADY. We already know its a long wait for Jono to post a
            > new chapter. We already know the usual spiels about quality over
            > quantity. We already know ppl are just bringing this up over and over
            > in old and boring ways to irk even the silentest of fanatical lurkers.
            >
            > ------ Get a hint --------
            > <snip> ........

            Honestly, would you prefer that nobody posted any messages whatsoever and the whole group became a "ghost town?" That wouldn't exactly bode well for the story, and if Jono takes a dead board with no postings as a lack of interest, he'll just close up shop, and that'll be that. Be careful what you wish for.
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 5, 2009
              --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikes@...> wrote:

              > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "cookie monster" <dpdeluxe_19@> wrote:
              > >
              > > OK ENOUGH ALREADY. We already know its a long wait for Jono to post a
              > > new chapter. We already know the usual spiels about quality over
              > > quantity. We already know ppl are just bringing this up over and over
              > > in old and boring ways to irk even the silentest of fanatical lurkers.
              > >
              > > ------ Get a hint --------
              >
              > Honestly, would you prefer that nobody posted any messages whatsoever and the whole group became a "ghost town?" That wouldn't exactly bode well for the story, and if Jono takes a dead board with no postings as a lack of interest, he'll just close up shop, and that'll be that. Be careful what you wish for.

              I should add, though: By this point, I think most people are less concerned about an immediate chapter update and more concerned about trying to find Jono's pulse. It's bound to make people antsy when they're worried about whether Jono is even *alive*, and I think that even some of the chapter requests might really be, at a more basic level, just requests for some sign of life. (I imagine Jono's probably perfectly fine, but long absences send my imagination into dark places.)
            • the_last_silver_alchemist
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009

                I know exactly what you mean.

                I've been reading the most awesome chick-fic on harrypotterfanfiction.com for years now, and the author was always so active in the website even if she wasn't updating any new chapters. Then, one day she posted that she'd be absent for a month cuz she was going on a trip...and that was it. It's been SEVEN months and not even an "I'm still alive" message.

                ...I find myself praying for her well-being sometimes. It's funny how we become horribly attached to people we don't know anything about, ain't it?

                BTW, for all you Marauder's Era, chick-story lovin' people out there, the story's called (period intended) Match. by mental on harrypotterfanfiction.com.
                ~cheers!