Re: [stranger_trilogy] Re: Where's Jono???

  • Alex Krups
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2008
      Ive got no prob with constructive criticism but dont start making it sound like the world is collapsing and its all jonos fault remember that  its just ff

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 13, 2008
        Moved house - didn't have internet.
        Started job - not supposed to be on internet - wrath of IT services is swift and fierce.
        BT installing internet this week hopefully. Bear with me, please.

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 13, 2008
          Having lived in England, I can affirm BT is kina batshit insane
          compared to some ISPs I've had.

          Glad to see you alive Jono, hope your new job is going well.

          --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Jono <serpant_sorcerer@...>
          wrote:

          > Moved house - didn't have internet.
          > Started job - not supposed to be on internet - wrath of IT services
          is swift and fierce.
          > BT installing internet this week hopefully. Bear with me, please.

        • Chuck Rooster
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 13, 2008
            For those of us who also read Star Wars fanfic, what you are experiencing is known as DRL (Darth Real Life), one of the most vile dark lords known.  Real life always has to take precedence--we're patient, it's been worth the wait so far.

            Hope everything goes well for you.

            Started job - not supposed to be on internet - wrath of IT services is swift and fierce.
            BT installing internet this week hopefully. Bear with me, please.

            Does anyone know what's going on? It has been quite a while since Jono
            has updated... Has something happened to him?

          • kalia_lyathnai
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 13, 2008
              Minna-san, why do we still have so many people who think months is a
              long wait for such nice LONG chapters? In my most-liked fic, it's been
              about a year since I posted a new chapter and the chapters are no
              where near as in-depth as Jono's.

              Speaking of which, Jono, HTH do you make such long chapters? Got some
              tips for me? I want to flesh out my rewrites and bring my average
              chapter length up, but I'm having trouble . . .

              ~Kallyn

              P.S. In-ter-net, in-ter-net, in-ter-net, good luck with getting it up
              and running Jono!!

              //*muttering to self* "stupid dad and his belief I shouldn't be online
              so much and so late . . . he gets twice as much internet time as I do
              and the only reason I stay up late/into the morning is because I can't
              GET online until he goes to bed and stops playing Guild Wars!"//

              --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Rooster
              <chuckrooster75@...> wrote:

              > For those of us who also read Star Wars fanfic, what you are
              experiencing is known as DRL (Darth Real Life), one of the most vile
              dark lords known. Real life always has to take precedence--we're
              patient, it's been worth the wait so far.

              > Hope everything goes well for you.

            • srispg
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 14, 2008
                > I happen to agree with this. I've sat back and read all the posts
                > damning Jono and his work to hell and back simply because you think he
                > has regressed in his writing style and plot. It is fanfiction,
                > people. It doesnt have to be perfect to be enjoyed. If it does, then
                > you seriously need to step away from your screens take a look at
                > yourselves.
                >
                > Furthermore, it is first and foremost his story. He can write it
                > anyway he damn well pleases.
                >
                > Though I do have to agree that the 6 month update spans are a little
                > much. I'd be much happier with smaller chapters and quicker updates.

                So... we can't give him criticism? Because, of course, that's just
                ridiculous. Instead of praising him left and right, someone actually
                tells him what's good and bad about his story. Blasphemy. Burn them at
                the stake!

                This is my post. I can write it anyway I like, and you have no right
                to comment on it. -_-

                Don't like it? Don't read it. Oshi-, you just read it. Guess that
                argument is thrown out the window.