Fwd: Re: NO SPAM!!! (Was: My list of Yahoo Groups)

  • Asad Asif
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In HPRefinersFire@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Murray" <murrdawg87@...>
      wrote:

      This has been posted in two other groups I go to, and the owner of
      one posted this about it. I seems not many know about Grouply:

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        Normally, I would just delete something like this and move on but I
        keep seeing this email from group to group.

        You don't have to set it up with yahoo account and you don't have to
        allow it to email your groups and you don't have to let it do whatever
        you don't want it to...I know I set up an account. I didn't give my
        yahoo information as I don't see how that could be a good thing though
        I like the idea of getting all my groups in one place if they can
        manage it better than yahoo does currently which in my opinion would
        take much as yahoo currently gives uses nothing to currently to sift
        through or 'group' emails from various groups. Anywho...just wanted
        to make sure people understand that you don't have to give anyone
        yahoo anything if you don't choose it. What the real problem is
        people join things mindlessly without reading what they heck they are
        joining and allow things to happen with their own accounts because
        they don't first understand what they are doing. That is not
        Grouply's fault though they should have assumed that people are well
        not to be rude but--stupid, lazy, and otherwise brain dead--most of
        the time when it comes to things like this. They could have foreseen
        this problem and averted such mass stupidty by yahoo users, grouply
        users and moderators.

        if you all are interested in what grouply really does and is.. go read
        about it on their site rather than the spam that others are putting
        out. just my half cent of opinion.
      • dianaflyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          Okay, now I didn't mean that to sound pissy as it did or directed at
          anyone in particular...I just have read this stuff on about 20 groups
          and most of it isn't correct. How do I know? I set up an account
          myself. anywho...