Re: Yet another Story Search

  • wavelink99
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2008
      It should be noted that the "Saving Connor" story is a Draco/Harry
      slash fic from book 4 on. I haven't had the chance to read it, and
      honestly I don't want to. Not because it's a slash fic -although
      honestly I really don't read slash- but because I'm actually about a
      1/4 of the way done outlining a story just like the one you requested
      and I don't want to be influenced by any story in that genre.

      The idea of my story is that Lily and James live and Harry's brother
      is the boy who lived. Harry's brother will not be treated better than
      Harry -I alway thought those fics that have Lily and James treat Harry
      like garbage really are OOC for what we know about them.

      In order to keep Harry's brother from getting an inflated ego (that
      was Dumbledore's excuse for sending Harry to the Dursleys after all),
      Dumbledore has the Potter's keep the Fidelius Charm over Godrics
      Hallow and only Sirius and Remus visit them until they go to Hogwarts.
      A major difference will be that Lily does teach Harry and his brother
      magic while in hiding -not a lot this won't be an instant super!Harry,
      but enough that they can easily get O's in most their classes during
      their first year.

      The story follows canon events through HBP and includes
      some spoilers from DH, but not all of them. The story will be told
      primarily from Harry's point of view (Note: Harry leaves Hogwarts
      after Christmas of his first year so what happens at Hogwarts
      will be mostly communicated via letters from his brother).

      I should say that it's my goal to re-write books 1-4 in the first 10
      or 11 chapters. I've tried a re-write before but it failed because I
      spent too long on books 1 and 2. I want to model this story after
      Harry Potter and Fate's Debt. Basically, get the first few books out
      of the way in a few chapters and then hit the bulk of the story in
      year 5.

      If anyone would be interested in looking at my outline, acting as a
      possible beta, or simply let me bounce some ideas off you I would
      greatly appreciate it.

      --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Toni Fernandez
      <maritoni_61@...> wrote:

      > Okay. I dont know if this is the kind of story you are searching
      for, but it meets with the criteria you've given. The first story of
      the seven in the series (one for each year in Hogwarts) is called
      "Saving Connor", Connor being the twin recognized to be the BWL. It's
      a really long series so you have to make sure you have at least a week
      (if you're a fast reader) or two free to read the entire series. I
      would not recommend you to read with long periods of break in between
      because the plot is so long and complex that you would forget it.

      http://www.fanfiction.net/~lightningonthewave

      > The thing I really liked about the series is that it's very rich in
      Wizarding Culture.

      > Hope you enjoy reading this one.
      >

      > To: stranger_trilogy@...: virus26h@...: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 05:20:13
      +0000Subject: [stranger_trilogy] Yet another Story Search

      > Hey, I was just browsing through some Harry Potter fics and
      realisedthat I have yet to see a Harry-has-a-twin story where the
      siblings areactually on good terms with each other. So here's what I'm
      searching for:Any fanfic where Harry has a twin (brother or sister)
      that isrecognised as The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived and where Harry isn't
      treatedpoorly or is lonely and actually gets along with his sibling.
      The other type of fic I think would be interesting is one whereHarry's
      twin actually IS The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived, as in he/she was theone
      cursed by Voldemort, but Harry still has a central part to play inthe
      prophecy or the plot. Also a third one I just thought of, yes I know
      I'm starting to ramble,is a fic where Harry has a twin but James and
      Lily still die whenVoldemort attacks and Sirius still goes to Azkaban,
      I'm pretty surethat I haven't seen that one before.Well if anyone
      knows of any well written fics with plots like the onesabove I'd be
      grateful if you posted them.V26h

    • aravindmohan32
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2008
        Check this one out:

        I am the Darker Brother
        Harry's twin brother, Caden, is thought to be the boy who lived.
        Caden's the one who gets the attention, the love, but Harry doesn't
        mind. His brother loves him, and he loves his brother...right? Dark
        Harry, Manipulative Dumbledore.

        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3545514/1/I_am_the_Darker_Brother

        It fits your specifications somewhat. I'll let you know if I can
        think of anything else.

        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "V26h" <virus26h@...> wrote:

        > Hey, I was just browsing through some Harry Potter fics and realised
        > that I have yet to see a Harry-has-a-twin story where the siblings are
        > actually on good terms with each other.
        >
        > So here's what I'm searching for:
        > Any fanfic where Harry has a twin (brother or sister) that is
        > recognised as The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived and where Harry isn't treated
        > poorly or is lonely and actually gets along with his sibling.
        >
        > The other type of fic I think would be interesting is one where
        > Harry's twin actually IS The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived, as in he/she was the
        > one cursed by Voldemort, but Harry still has a central part to play in
        > the prophecy or the plot.
        >
        > Also a third one I just thought of, yes I know I'm starting to ramble,
        > is a fic where Harry has a twin but James and Lily still die when
        > Voldemort attacks and Sirius still goes to Azkaban, I'm pretty sure
        > that I haven't seen that one before.
        >
        > Well if anyone knows of any well written fics with plots like the ones
        > above I'd be grateful if you posted them.
        >
        > V26h

      • squigglyhopper
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2008
          Fugitive Prince by MarchMadness was a story I always enjoyed which
          fits your criteria. It's twenty-one chapters but unfortunately hasn't
          been updated. But what's written is pure gem.

          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/819102/1/Fugitive_Prince

          --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "V26h" <virus26h@...> wrote:

          > Hey, I was just browsing through some Harry Potter fics and realised
          > that I have yet to see a Harry-has-a-twin story where the siblings are
          > actually on good terms with each other.
          >
          > So here's what I'm searching for:
          > Any fanfic where Harry has a twin (brother or sister) that is
          > recognised as The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived and where Harry isn't treated
          > poorly or is lonely and actually gets along with his sibling.
          >
          > The other type of fic I think would be interesting is one where
          > Harry's twin actually IS The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived, as in he/she was the
          > one cursed by Voldemort, but Harry still has a central part to play in
          > the prophecy or the plot.
          >
          > Also a third one I just thought of, yes I know I'm starting to ramble,
          > is a fic where Harry has a twin but James and Lily still die when
          > Voldemort attacks and Sirius still goes to Azkaban, I'm pretty sure
          > that I haven't seen that one before.
          >
          > Well if anyone knows of any well written fics with plots like the ones
          > above I'd be grateful if you posted them.
          >
          > V26h

        • V26h
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2008
            Ok first thanks to everyone who posted up fics, some of them I have
            already read, some I hadn't heard of before so that was good.

            Also wavelink99 if you want someone to bounce ideas off for your story
            I'm can do that, I've beta-read before but I'll give it a shot. If you
            want to contact me my email is virus26h@....

            --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "wavelink99" <wavelink99@...>

          • Tld1st@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 1, 2008
              I also will be willing to beta-read. I have never done it but i would be more than happy to help. Tld1st@...

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                There is a really good story out there that I can't remember the name of.

                It involved harry being struck with a killing curse and being sent back to stone-age times and pretty much being the "father" of magic. Harry travels all over the world "spreading magic" and moving to new places so that people dont realize he never dies of old age. When i stopped reading it was around WW1, i donno if the author continued it or not.

                Any help would be great.

                Fugitive Prince by MarchMadness was a story I always enjoyed which
                fits your criteria. It's twenty-one chapters but unfortunately hasn't
                been updated. But what's written is pure gem.

                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/819102/1/Fugitive_Prince

                --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "V26h" <virus26h@...> wrote:

                > Hey, I was just browsing through some Harry Potter fics and realised
                > that I have yet to see a Harry-has-a-twin story where the siblings are
                > actually on good terms with each other.
                >
                > So here's what I'm searching for:
                > Any fanfic where Harry has a twin (brother or sister) that is
                > recognised as The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived and where Harry isn't treated
                > poorly or is lonely and actually gets along with his sibling.
                >
                > The other type of fic I think would be interesting is one where
                > Harry's twin actually IS The-Boy/Girl-Who-Lived, as in he/she was the
                > one cursed by Voldemort, but Harry still has a central part to play in
                > the prophecy or the plot.
                >
                > Also a third one I just thought of, yes I know I'm starting to ramble,
                > is a fic where Harry has a twin but James and Lily still die when
                > Voldemort attacks and Sirius still goes to Azkaban, I'm pretty sure
                > that I haven't seen that one before.
                >
                > Well if anyone knows of any well written fics with plots like the ones
                > above I'd be grateful if you posted them.
                >
                > V26h

              • jorienberendsen
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 25, 2009
                  It's called Voldemort's Last Spell

                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2651376/1/Voldemorts_Last_Spell

                  I think that's the one your looking for

                  --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Tld1st@... wrote:

                  > There is a really good story out there that I can't remember the name of.
                  >
                  > It involved harry being struck with a killing curse and being sent back to stone-age times and pretty much being the "father" of magic. Harry travels all over the world "spreading magic" and moving to new places so that people dont realize he never dies of old age. When i stopped reading it was around WW1, i donno if the author continued it or not.
                  >
                  > Any help would be great.

                • Insane_Flare
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 25, 2009
                    Damn, we're getting good at these 'What's that story' quizzes.

                    --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "jorienberendsen" <jorien.berendsen@...> wrote:

                    > It's called Voldemort's Last Spell
                    >
                    > http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2651376/1/Voldemorts_Last_Spell
                    >
                    > I think that's the one your looking for
                    >

                    > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Tld1st@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > There is a really good story out there that I can't remember the name of.
                    > >
                    > > It involved harry being struck with a killing curse and being sent back to stone-age times and pretty much being the "father" of magic. Harry travels all over the world "spreading magic" and moving to new places so that people dont realize he never dies of old age. When i stopped reading it was around WW1, i donno if the author continued it or not.
                    > >
                    > > Any help would be great.

                  • Caedra
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 27, 2009
                      lool! I know! its quite sad isnt it! A bunch of people with nothing better to do but read ff. (that goes double for me btw!) :)

                      --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "Insane_Flare" <insane_flare@...> wrote:

                      > Damn, we're getting good at these 'What's that story' quizzes.
                      >
                      > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "jorienberendsen" <jorien.berendsen@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > It's called Voldemort's Last Spell
                      > >
                      > > http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2651376/1/Voldemorts_Last_Spell
                      > >
                      > > I think that's the one your looking for
                      > >

                      > > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Tld1st@ wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > There is a really good story out there that I can't remember the name of.
                      > > >
                      > > > It involved harry being struck with a killing curse and being sent back to stone-age times and pretty much being the "father" of magic. Harry travels all over the world "spreading magic" and moving to new places so that people dont realize he never dies of old age. When i stopped reading it was around WW1, i donno if the author continued it or not.
                      > > >
                      > > > Any help would be great.

                    • sarah rivers
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 7, 2009
                        I must admit that many of my favourite stories come from you all trying to remember stories that you can't remember the title of. It is kind of like a game...

                        Anyway, finished 'Curse of Fate' and loved it. Apart from the fact it isn't finishd and leaves a lot of questions. So I really just wanted to thank you for introducing me to other great fics and if you do have any further suggestions?

                      • drkthantos
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 24, 2009
                          Hello all, first time posting on the message board, so I thought I would see if anyone could help me find one.

                          I have strange tastes to say the least and this was one I found just wondering around. It involved Harry leaving Britain to get to America (After he kills volders) and joins NCIS. Yes, I am trying to find a Harry Potter/NCIS crossover. I think this is funny and surprising stuff to read when your not expecting much, but it was a good read, and I would be tremendously thankful if someone could help me find something like this.
                        • trixi8790
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 25, 2009
                            --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "drkthantos" <drkthantos@...> wrote:

                            > Hello all, first time posting on the message board, so I thought I would see if anyone could help me find one.
                            >
                            > I have strange tastes to say the least and this was one I found just wondering around. It involved Harry leaving Britain to get to America (After he kills volders) and joins NCIS. Yes, I am trying to find a Harry Potter/NCIS crossover. I think this is funny and surprising stuff to read when your not expecting much, but it was a good read, and I would be tremendously thankful if someone could help me find something like this.

                            I know one that sounds sort of similar that you might also enjoy.

                            Prodigy by ChipmonkOnSpeed

                            Given up after that fateful night, a prodigical Harry Potter ends up in America, working as a LabTech/Federal Agent. Now his family wants him back, but can he trust their motives? Can he trust his own? HPCSIGAHLaO:SVUNCISS#'s Xover.OOC.

                            Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Humor/Drama - Chapters: 23 - Words: 102,248 - Reviews: 1286 - Updated: 3-10-09 - Published: 2-27-07 - Harry P. & Albus D.
                          • Laura Davies
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 25, 2009
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4539064/1/Leaving_Home
                              Leaving Hone fits that description, I think.

                              --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "drkthantos" <drkthantos@...> wrote:

                              > Hello all, first time posting on the message board, so I thought I would see if anyone could help me find one.
                              >
                              > I have strange tastes to say the least and this was one I found just wondering around. It involved Harry leaving Britain to get to America (After he kills volders) and joins NCIS. Yes, I am trying to find a Harry Potter/NCIS crossover. I think this is funny and surprising stuff to read when your not expecting much, but it was a good read, and I would be tremendously thankful if someone could help me find something like this.

                            • Trevor Davis
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 9 11:32 PM
                                I haven't read any story really that deals with Harry's
                                kids, specifically Albus. I'm looking for a story that deals with Albus or
                                any AU children of harrys that are powerful/smart, or dark. Maybe theres a
                                story that deals with harrys kid getting payback or trying to better the
                                bigoted wizarding world, that would be pretty fun to read. Harry doesnt have
                                to be alive, and if the final two books were ignored that would be a bonus
                                but not necessary. haha
                                Now that I've ranted a bit here is a link to a story along the lines of what
                                i'm looking for: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2842526/1/Harry_Potter_Jr
                                It has a great start, but the author is concentrating on their main story.

                                Thanks