Re: [stranger_trilogy] Re: General replies...

  • Jono
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Erm...no, mainly because I have forgotten:

      - One of you was onto a key point that has been overlooked so far, a point that was raised in chapter one.
      - The other was talking about Harry's state of mind.
      - Actually, there is another brainiac amongst you who is jumping the gun and questioning what I haven't even published yet, i.e. something that happens in chapter 3. Clever bunny.

      I do enjoy your theories of the figure in black. Who is he or she? Need to think of a catchy name for him or her. Hmmm.

      I will state categorically though that Harry will not be "world hopping for a long time". I am not copying Joe's Trilogy.

      Research required: Not an awful lot. I did History A-Level which is why I know enough to be able to comment on that era of Germany, and the Cold War. Generally, just being a learned individual is enough, the information I come by naturally. Occassionally, Wikipedia comes to my aid. It's just better when you blend fact and fiction. You end up with a DiVinci code type situation, where you blur the line of fact and fiction, and no one knows what is real anymore. There's one of the secrets of good story-telling. Maybe I should write a guide? Nah, who am I to preach? I am still learning as much as anyone else.

      I was wrong about the Victoria Cross in SIAUL-Ep. More VC's have been issued than I stated. The VC is the military's highest medal for bravery. The civilian equivilent is the George Cross which is silver with a blue ribbon, is just as prestigeous, but lesser known. Technically Harry should have gotten an GC, but the VC is more famous and it was a military operation, and even people outside the UK know what a VC is, just like we outside America know what a CMH is, but not many other medals.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Jono <serpant_sorcerer@...>
        wrote:

        I do enjoy your theories of the figure in black. Who is he or she?
        Need to think
        of a catchy name for him or her. Hmmm

        What about Master of Assassins ;)

        Pretty catchy name.....