Poll results for stranger_trilogy

  • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1 11:54 AM
      The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Will Harry ever find a way home and,
      if so, will he ever be the same? What
      will his old friends see when they
      meet this new Harry, should he return?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - A bitter, cold Harry, 11 votes, 30.56%
      - A cheerful, affectionate teen, 2 votes, 5.56%
      - A boy that has no faith or self confidence, 1 votes, 2.78%
      - Someone they never knew, 20 votes, 55.56%
      - Or...the same old Harry, 2 votes, 5.56%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
        The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Who thinks that the aurors actually caught Voldemort?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Yeah, right. There's no way. No way at all. It has to be a fake., 24 votes, 27.91%
        - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that caused him to be caught., 1 votes, 1.16%
        - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be..., 6 votes, 6.98%
        - I think the evil Harry has come back to this universe! That's who they got!, 5 votes, 5.81%
        - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!, 50 votes, 58.14%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - Yeah, right. There's no way. No way at all. It has to be a fake.
        - n-e_o@...
        - sunshinyecho@...
        - Tom.Beauvais@...
        - dumdidum1983@...
        - bow_to_death@...
        - ewengardner_15@...
        - blueangelpixy@...
        - gatorfan_018@...
        - gwenstarr@...
        - florianaugustin@...
        - rdhddmazoku@...
        - bets_hood@...
        - arwyern@...
        - espo327@...
        - deeana_88@...
        - mistress_of_parchment@...
        - czelene_92@...
        - mrchill104@...
        - the_moonlight_path@...
        - yasu_tano@...
        - tmctflyboy@...
        - ccarroll003@...
        - jaleandra_la_lok@...
        - seacowpalooza@...
        - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that caused him to be caught.
        - truth_factory@...
        - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be...
        - avablizzard597@...
        - klh_thecute1@...
        - jasif1@...
        - aragorn821@...
        - hcate7@...
        - softballextreme2000@...
        - I think the evil Harry has come back to this universe! That's who they got!
        - paymondimonium@...
        - firenice49@...
        - deadalready44@...
        - purplekitten90@...
        - Darrell_King@...
        - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!
        - arctic_fox903@...
        - badgougou@...
        - vicky2nd@...
        - coolgal007616@...
        - rvg_addy@...
        - thedarkknight58@...
        - maxwirt@...
        - flawlesswound@...
        - full_pensieve@...
        - dantesparda28@...
        - timetowieldtheblade@...
        - spunk1550@...
        - saazue@...
        - horseperson@...
        - a.dyrehauge@...
        - hershey_kisses_007@...
        - alexandermancera@...
        - rishabree@...
        - beachgirl0427@...
        - cnjeter@...
        - vickifrances@...
        - damion6@...
        - jonquille_24@...
        - psyjee@...
        - stgilman10@...
        - ski_grl_07@...
        - Vekkel@...
        - s.newport@...
        - iluvanho@...
        - rankia@...
        - gummybear07@...
        - audschmorl@...
        - alanzlinsky@...
        - coolkay1212@...
        - banef_mon@...
        - steph862005@...
        - laurenhorochowskyj@...
        - sphinx_o9@...
        - hi_no_tsubasa@...
        - bobqian2000@...
        - chamomile_teahp@...
        - gallandro_83@...
        - tiaevans87@...
        - xcom_greg@...
        - rsmadhav@...
        - rectangular_circles@...
        - vempele@...
        - dragonzxstorm25@...
        - abhisek_pradhan@...
        - sebek2357@...

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy

        http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
      • Jono
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
          Incorrect, i'm afriad. The right answer wasn't even
          one of the options. One had elements of truth in it,
          but there is just so much more to it. My Beta has
          recently gone on holiday. She'll be back in about a
          week. Hence the chapter SHOULD be about a week. It may
          not be, so please don't send me a barrage of emails
          next wednesday asking where it is. It should be around
          then, but no promises.

          Until then...

          "Harry," Hermione said slowly. "You haven't told us
          what is happening, or what is expected of us."

          "That is so that if you choose not to help, you cannot
          give us away," said Harry. He had expected a little
          protest from her - he just hoped she had the courage
          of her counterpart inside her. "I know I ask for a lot
          of trust."

          "Then how about you throw some our way?" she asked
          firmly. Her face was set and Harry knew what was
          coming before she opened her mouth. "Who are you,
          really?" she asked. "You haven't lost your memory or
          anything of the sort. Since we are talking about
          trust, give us a genuine reason to trust you."

          Harry glanced at Rose who had visibly paled. She cast
          a concerned look at Harry and then Ginny. She opened
          her mouth, presumably to tell Hermione to shut up, but
          Harry silenced her by shaking his head. Harry's
          neutral mask slipped, and his face fell into a sad
          expression. He knew that one day he would have to face
          this. He also knew that it would be her that figured
          it out. As much as he wanted to tell them everything,
          he almost didn't. He didn't want to put them in
          danger, but that was what he was doing right now
          anyway. Why shouldn't he tell them? He only hoped that
          they believed him. He had barely believed it when he
          himself had found out, and someone as rational as
          Hermione wouldn’t believe him without consulting a
          book and there were none available on this topic.

          "You truly are the brightest witch of your age," said
          Harry, shaking his head and smiling sadly. "And you're
          right. I never lost my memory." There was no point in
          lying. The time had come for the truth to come out. He
          just hoped he could make it sound as though he was
          trustworthy.

          "Hah! I knew it," concluded Ron, earning his glares
          from the other three. Ron seemed not to notice. "I
          knew there was something fishy about you!" he
          continued, a smug expression on his face.

          "Once I tell you, Hermione," said Harry, ignoring Ron.
          "There's no going back. You must keep this to
          yourself, and it will mark you as a target. Are you
          prepared for that?"

          "If I agree to help you tonight, I will be a target,
          so it makes no difference, but I will not risk my life
          without a valid reason," she said. Harry nodded,
          smiling to himself. Maybe she wasn't so different from
          her counterpart in his world.

          "Very well," said Harry. "I've wanted to tell you all
          for so long, but I was scared that you wouldn't
          believe me. This is going to sound like a whopper of a
          lie, but it's the truth." He took a deep breath and
          interlocked his fingers in his lap. Summoning up his
          courage, Harry began to speak. "My name is Harry James
          Potter and I was born on the thirty-first of July,
          nineteen eighty" - he paused before the punch line -
          "in a completely different universe."

          See you in ABOUT a week.

          Jono

          --- stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> [...]
          > - ccarroll003@...
          > - jaleandra_la_lok@...
          > - seacowpalooza@...
          > - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that
          > caused him to be caught.
          > - truth_factory@...
          > - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be...
          > - avablizzard597@...
          > - klh_thecute1@...
          > - jasif1@...
          > - aragorn821@...
          > - hcate7@...
          > - softballextreme2000@...
          > - I think the evil Harry has come back to this
          > universe! That's who they got!
          > - paymondimonium@...
          > - firenice49@...
          > - deadalready44@...
          > - purplekitten90@...
          > - Darrell_King@...
          > - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!
          > - arctic_fox903@...
          > - badgougou@...
          > - vicky2nd@...
          > - coolgal007616@...
          > - rvg_addy@...
          > - thedarkknight58@...
          > - maxwirt@...
          > - flawlesswound@...
          > - full_pensieve@...
          > - dantesparda28@...
          > - timetowieldtheblade@...
          > - spunk1550@...
          > - saazue@...
          > - horseperson@...
          > - a.dyrehauge@...
          > - hershey_kisses_007@...
          > - alexandermancera@...
          > - rishabree@...
          > - beachgirl0427@...
          > - cnjeter@...
          > - vickifrances@...
          > - damion6@...
          > - jonquille_24@...
          > - psyjee@...
          > - stgilman10@...
          > - ski_grl_07@...
          > - Vekkel@...
          > - s.newport@...
          > - iluvanho@...
          > - rankia@...
          > - gummybear07@...
          > - audschmorl@...
          > - alanzlinsky@...
          > - coolkay1212@...
          > - banef_mon@...
          > - steph862005@...
          > - laurenhorochowskyj@...
          > - sphinx_o9@...
          > - hi_no_tsubasa@...
          > - bobqian2000@...
          > - chamomile_teahp@...
          > - gallandro_83@...
          > - tiaevans87@...
          > - xcom_greg@...
          > - rsmadhav@...
          > - rectangular_circles@...
          > - vempele@...
          > - dragonzxstorm25@...
          > - abhisek_pradhan@...
          > - sebek2357@...
          >

          > For more information about this group, please visit
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy
          >
          > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
          > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

          > --------------------~-->
          > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/U67qlB/TM

        • ladymirth1479
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
            HOLY SHIT!! (excuse my Klatchian) *falls off seat*
            Cliffhangers in a cookie! You are a mean, mean, man Jono!!
            I shall come back and check in a week. If it is not up yet, the next
            you will hear of me is in the obits.
            Keep it up, m'boy!!
            --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Jono

            new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
          • Caliante
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
              whoa.... talk about teaser! next week huh? well that was fast, I didn't think it'd be out for a while yet.
              I'm still quite curious to what has happened in "good-Harry's" world. I bet he's going to have a real mess to clean up when/if he gets back.

              Anywhoo, I hope you're well!
              Saskia

              Yahoo! for Good
            • iceman_legend
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2005
                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

                My feelings are the same as they would be for canon!harry who tells
                his friends the prophecy. No matter the fic, he somehow always comes
                to the conclusion that tellings his 'friends' the truth is the right
                thing. I'm always left with the question as to with why he thinks
                that. People tell me that they're targets just by being his friends or
                in this case they'll be targets because of what ever it is he wants
                them to do. However no one ever stops to think about just what
                Voldemort did to get that damn prophecy. He offered up the majority of
                his high level death eaters and even revealed himself to the rest of
                the world. All of that after spending all that time to work Harry into
                the position of getting the prophecy off the shelves.

                There is a very big difference between being on Voldemort's list and
                having something that he wants more than anything. In this universe,
                with this Voldemort, after seeing the prophecy in Harry's mind, after
                finding his second in command with the sword of gryffindor, there are
                very few things that he would want more than the answers to what the
                hell is going on. It drives me crazy when I see Harry open his mouth
                and spew secrets only to follow up or begin with some nonsense about
                them being friends.

                If you're my friend, if you really want to do me a favor, if you want
                me to live and enjoy my life then don't tell me something that will
                get me killed. After all this, after telling them his story what will
                have changed? Everything will still be the same except that now even
                more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret yet
                he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't be
                surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than likely
                he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed up
                in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some stupid,
                reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.

                Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the secret
                to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of things.

                wrote:

> [...]
                > > - banef_mon@y...
                > > - steph862005@y...
                > > - laurenhorochowskyj@y...
                > > - sphinx_o9@y...
                > > - hi_no_tsubasa@y...
                > > - bobqian2000@y...
                > > - chamomile_teahp@y...
                > > - gallandro_83@h...
                > > - tiaevans87@y...
                > > - xcom_greg@y...
                > > - rsmadhav@y...
                > > - rectangular_circles@y...
                > > - vempele@y...
                > > - dragonzxstorm25@y...
                > > - abhisek_pradhan@y...
                > > - sebek2357@y...
                > >

                > > For more information about this group, please visit
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy
                > >
                > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                > > --------------------~-->
                > > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today

              • gallandro_83
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                  I would like to point out a few diferences with the scenario you
                  posed.

                  These aren't Harry's friends. As far as they konw this is the same
                  person who lived in gryffindor for a few years then suddenly
                  disappeared to start killing their friends and families and as far
                  as Hermione knows has a hated for just what she is. Honestly if I
                  was asked by someone whom I was sure 3-4 months ago would kill me on
                  site to meet with him and help him in an endeavor that has a
                  multitude of risk, I would ask for a reason as well.

                  I also want to point out that Ron Weasley is there at the moment
                  as well, so not only has Harry told this to people who no longer
                  hold some animosity towards him but to ones who are vocal about
                  his "evilness". I have to assume that Harry had Ginny and rose
                  gather together people to help him with something bringing in the
                  counterparts to his friends to help.

                  The one point I do agree with is that the truth about him being
                  from a parrallel world is perhaps the worst thing he could have
                  shared. It woudl be much safer and perhaps even more plausible to
                  stick to the phropecy since it is known to Voldemort already. I
                  would imagine though that this Harry is so desperate for some kind
                  of connection to his old friends that he wants to confess all to try
                  and have them in his life again. At least that is what I believe
                  Ross used as Harry's motivation.

                  can't wait for the new chapter.

                  gallandro_83

                  --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "iceman_legend"
                  <Vekkel@g...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret
                  yet
                  > he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't
                  be
                  > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                  likely
                  > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                  > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed
                  up
                  > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                  stupid,
                  > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                  >
                  > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                  > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                  secret
                  > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                • iceman_legend
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 9, 2005
                    So he's doing it because he's selfish? He wants to have part of his
                    old life back and bring the trio together in this new universe? That's
                    even worse than the scenario that I pointed out, that's Harry
                    involving others, placing their lives at risk just because he's
                    homesick? I said from the very beginning that Harry should see this
                    new universe as a vacation. I told him to sit up in that room of
                    requirement, relaxing on the beach and telling Old Man Dumbles to
                    contact him once he's figured out a way to get him home, other than
                    that leave me the hell alone.

                    For those that question him I would have told them that they are free
                    to leave, or to sit down and follow instructions. Here he is risking
                    his life to save them against the vampires, putting his life on the
                    line to stop a damn nuclear explosion and that lousy little know it
                    all and her weasel sidekick are going to question him? If they're so
                    afraid of him or if they don't trust him then once again they can get
                    the hell out. Harry Potter owes them nothing in either universe.

                    The fact that Ron is there, the fact that he still thinks Harry is
                    evil, the fact that he IS a weasley with a loud mouth is all the more
                    reason for him to say nothing. That little Ferret Malfoy is just
                    waiting, damn near salivating for some juicy information he can use to
                    make a name for himself. How easy is it for Malfoy to get Ron going,
                    how easy would it be for Ron to open his fat mouth if he sees Malfoy
                    trying befriend Harry and then let slip the truth just to make Malfoy
                    look foolish. How much more danger is Harry inviting on himself and
                    those he supposedly cares about if Voldemort finds out he's from
                    another dimension. There is NO secret bigger than that.

                    As it stands my only hope is that Dumbledore finds out that Harry
                    opened his mouth and then takes the necessary steps to make sure that
                    the secret stays secret. I'm talking about obliviation or something
                    else, and if not Dumbledore then I can easily see Lily taking steps to
                    safeguard her loved ones even if Harry won't or just doesn't care to.

                    IL

                    --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "gallandro_83"
                    <gallandro_83@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret
                    > yet
                    > > he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't
                    > be
                    > > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                    > likely
                    > > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                    > > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed
                    > up
                    > > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                    > stupid,
                    > > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                    > > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                    > secret
                    > > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                  • gallandro_83
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 10, 2005
                      I understand what your saying but I still thik that your argument is
                      more about how you yourself would write Harry then how Jono has
                      decided on his character.

                      When I think of where this scene comes from I think Harry is
                      planning something and he obviously thinks that he needs help for
                      it. If that is the case and the Order has refused him who else is he
                      to go to but his psuedo friends. And if he does need there help then
                      he obviously needs to give them a reason to secure there help
                      regardless. The only question at this point is wether or not knowing
                      the phropecy or knowing that he is from another dimenson would
                      secure there support. Personally I think that the prophecy would
                      secure him loyalty from most people, but the alternate universe will
                      be the only thing that can make sense when you add in all the odd
                      behaviors that have cropped up.

                      also I am wondering what you think Jono is going to do for the next
                      two stories he has planned in this universe. Will Harry go to his
                      universe first and will he ever come up against the evil version of
                      himself??

                      gallandro

                      <Vekkel@g...> wrote:

> [...]
                      wouldn't
                      > > be
                      > > > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                      > > likely
                      > > > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and
                      from
                      > > > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur
                      layed
                      > > up
                      > > > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                      > > stupid,
                      > > > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives
                      of my
                      > > > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                      > > secret
                      > > > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                    • Greg Bishop
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 10, 2005
                        Hmm... First let me say I see where you are coming from, but that I
                        think you're transposing your own feelings onto Harry, and that he
                        looks at things differently to the way you do.

                        I think one of the important differences between the story, and your
                        argument, is that your views of Ron and Hermione are completely
                        different to the Harry in this story.

                        Jono's Harry, (as does JKR's imho) actually likes and trusts Ron and
                        Hermione! ;) While you obviously can't stand Ron, and also don't
                        seem to like Hermione much, the Harry in this story considers them
                        as his best friends, because they are (to him) intrinsicly the same
                        people that have stood by him through thick and thin at Hogwarts,
                        they are the only family he remembers. Now although he has a family
                        in this universe, he isn't going to forget them. So I guess I
                        disagree with gallandro_83 on that point.

                        Which leads us back to your first argument, that as they are his
                        friends he shouldn't be telling them. Interesting...

                        Let me ask you a question:

                        Should Dumbledore have told Harry the Prophecy sooner?

                        It's the same kind of thing if you think about it.

                        It's to do with being told information, that suddenly makes your
                        life *seem* at a more dangerous precipice than before. Make no
                        mistake - Ron and Hermione are already in deadly danger, even in
                        this world. (As evidenced by the vampires, attack on the train
                        etc.), Rose's friendship with Ginny means the Weasley family are in
                        danger, and Hermione is an intelligent Muggleborn witch.

                        Continuing on the subject of danger. You make it sound as if being
                        told this is the thing that is going to put them in danger. I
                        disagree. If Harry needs their cooperation for something, I'd
                        suggest that the thing he needs their cooperation for is the thing
                        that is initially going to put them in danger, and that he has to
                        justify this risk to them if he wants them to help. Perhaps this is
                        not Harry 'doing this because they are his friends', but rather,
                        Harry 'doing this because they are the only people he feels he can
                        trust to stand along side of him'.

                        Perhaps you are right, and that they will be in more danger if they
                        know the truth (although I can't see how anyone can find out about
                        this confidence, to quiz them about it), but then, on the flip side,
                        perhaps there is more of a chance of stopping Voldemort if they know
                        the truth. Remember, if Voldemort isn't defeated, it's a matter of
                        time until Ron and Hermione's rights (if they are alive) are non-
                        existant at best, or that they are transformed into some not very
                        nice people that support Voldemort... Well, Ron is then. If telling
                        them means that Voldemort is defeated, then they are, in a sense, in
                        far less danger.

                        I hope you get what I am trying to say, the words aren't coming off
                        the keyboard as I might wish. =/

                        Anyway, moving on...

                        Hmm... you make Ron sound like a blabbermouth about everything, I
                        have to disagree, as I do not feel there is any canon backing - or
                        backing from SiaUL for this. Give me one instance of a time when
                        Harry has trusted Ron with something important, actually, *anyone*
                        has trusted him with *anything*, and Ron has gone and told people.
                        Even in GoF when Ron isn't talking with Harry, he never approaches
                        anything like that.

                        True, this Ron is different to canon, but we are led to believe he
                        still has the same inner traits, and Ron, apart from that one time
                        in GoF, has always been fiercely loyal to Harry. I think you are
                        being overly harsh on Ron tbh, however, seeing as I have seen this
                        view a lot in fanon, it's probably easy to get that impression of
                        him from reading fanfic. Personally I think people are just jealous
                        that he is Harry's best mate(!!! :P)... j/k ;)

                        As for your argument about if they are his friends he shouldn't tell
                        them or they'll be in grave danger, forgive me, (and I mean no
                        disrespect by this) but this sounds to me like the Slytherin way of
                        thinking (or at least Phineus Nigellus - not Malfoy/Voldemort: "We
                        Slytherin's are brave, yes, but not foolhardy. For instance, given
                        the choice, we shall always save our own skins" - or something like
                        that).

                        Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all true Gryffindors, and one of the
                        things that comes with that, we are told, is fierce bravery, and
                        loyalty to friends. That kind of person would want to know, even
                        though it put them in danger, because they see themself as being
                        more able to help their friend with the knowledge, than without.
                        Just like Harry felt when he thought Dumbledore didn't trust him
                        with the info. Therefore, telling them is the right thing to do,
                        because Harry has far less right to hide the truth from his friends,
                        than Dumbledore had to hide the Prophecy from Harry.

                        SMALL HBP SPOILER
                        SMALL HBP SPOILER
                        SMALL HBP SPOILER
                        SMALL HBP SPOILER
                        SMALL HBP SPOILER

                        "> As it stands my only hope is that Dumbledore finds out that Harry
                        > opened his mouth and then takes the necessary steps to make sure
                        that
                        > the secret stays secret."

                        That, if you think about it, is completely opposite to canon
                        Dumbledore. Why? Think of the Prophecy. In HBP, Dumbledore tells
                        Harry that he does his friends a disservice by not confiding in them.

                        I'm not trying to have a go at you or your beliefs or anything, and
                        I swear I am not trying to be nasty (I know how text can be read in
                        a completely different manner to the way you intended it when
                        writing), I just happen to believe you're being very harsh upon a
                        couple of the characters, among other things.

                        Afterthought_btw
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/~afterthoughtbtw

                        <snip>
                      • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 12, 2007
                          The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                          final results:

                          POLL QUESTION: when will ch 5 be posted?

                          CHOICES AND RESULTS
                          - 9-21, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - 9-22, 0 votes, 0.00%
                          - 9-20, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 9-23, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 9-24, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - 9-25, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 9-26, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 9-27, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - 9-28, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 9-29, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 9-30, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - 10-1, 9 votes, 13.43%
                          - 10-2, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 10-3, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 10-4, 0 votes, 0.00%
                          - 10-5, 0 votes, 0.00%
                          - 10-6, 0 votes, 0.00%
                          - 10-7, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - 10-8, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 10-9, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 10-11, 3 votes, 4.48%
                          - 10-12, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 10-13, 2 votes, 2.99%
                          - 10-14, 1 votes, 1.49%
                          - after 10-14, 20 votes, 29.85%

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 13, 2007
                            The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                            final results:

                            POLL QUESTION: How often do you check to see if Jono has updated?

                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                            - Daily, 65 votes, 44.52%
                            - About once a week, 29 votes, 19.86%
                            - Whenever I think about it, 24 votes, 16.44%
                            - Rarely, 6 votes, 4.11%
                            - All the time, 22 votes, 15.07%

                            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                            - Daily
                            - flopcat@...
                            - whineybrat@...
                            - eva.klinksiek@...
                            - danny-kimchee@...
                            - jolene_1989@...
                            - sir_pid@...
                            - datomena@...
                            - aseveredhand@...
                            - moggele14@...
                            - philly_homer@...
                            - hg403a@...
                            - USSMIRAGE@...
                            - shadesofmemories@...
                            - hcate7@...
                            - bob_9233@...
                            - tsugumiwinters@...
                            - Tero.Alanne@...
                            - rajeshwarganesh@...
                            - xue.bi.sprite@...
                            - dimakako@...
                            - GCSiriusb87@...
                            - asad_asif_78@...
                            - daydreamer8970@...
                            - ramill7@...
                            - lunalovegood666@...
                            - amydolphin2405@...
                            - ancalyme@...
                            - mikes@...
                            - sellke.1@...
                            - elvenarcher310@...
                            - yojorocks@...
                            - immolo11@...
                            - squigglyhopper@...
                            - anacl_martins@...
                            - melissaragsdale2000@...
                            - arecnis101@...
                            - atriacu@...
                            - lars.gehlert@...
                            - laurenhorochowskyj@...
                            - wdimattia@...
                            - jaleandra_la_lok@...
                            - spirariddle@...
                            - jle525@...
                            - mayhem1565@...
                            - spikesgrl6@...
                            - blue_llama202@...
                            - rog1039@...
                            - nielso090@...
                            - pzhlucia@...
                            - lunaluvgood_eclipse@...
                            - adam_0066@...
                            - antipsychotic@...
                            - tapinder_gne@...
                            - stranger_from_the_east1@...
                            - kpayne3@...
                            - tom_jhynes@...
                            - insane_flare@...
                            - alexandermancera@...
                            - blah77777777@...
                            - amilita.chan@...
                            - ninjas_4ever@...
                            - devlin_mor@...
                            - illachi@...
                            - francescadingley@...
                            - vincent@...
                            - About once a week
                            - avxar@...
                            - scwarrior@...
                            - ecarpio@...
                            - dwjones200@...
                            - satine_nuit@...
                            - star_waters@...
                            - hey_jude5447@...
                            - corkscrew13@...
                            - ariaarasteh@...
                            - jess068302@...
                            - thermapolae@...
                            - bxj@...
                            - briarrose@...
                            - bdbugz09@...
                            - alex11993@...
                            - buhaitha@...
                            - buffybot1985@...
                            - pdo_91@...
                            - dolaroche@...
                            - bloodredsword@...
                            - silvervman@...
                            - lindsayaiello@...
                            - emner_emma@...
                            - crazyrigal@...
                            - mahotsuukai@...
                            - steves.place.mail@...
                            - pkl_dailey@...
                            - toughguy_28@...
                            - darkittykat@...
                            - Whenever I think about it
                            - bookworm17@...
                            - coolcjenny@...
                            - razielnox66@...
                            - rickpeeters@...
                            - kristen672@...
                            - gimpydacat@...
                            - jere666@...
                            - brook_tamlin@...
                            - jle1001@...
                            - jvperea@...
                            - cvsantos22@...
                            - chrisbomb4@...
                            - anime.cards@...
                            - the_passengerr@...
                            - k.liia@...
                            - hopeless_idiot1983@...
                            - rjs5126@...
                            - corrupted_nutter88@...
                            - fantasyblue28@...
                            - loganblackisle@...
                            - angelmorph@...
                            - annette.trueman@...
                            - peterg@...
                            - danihub@...
                            - Rarely
                            - cavanfrain@...
                            - random_shinobi@...
                            - twinsen1988@...
                            - Agrarrevolution@...
                            - aiaeid@...
                            - audschmorl@...
                            - All the time
                            - palverprim@...
                            - gallandro_83@...
                            - guidedgrenade@...
                            - doris_186@...
                            - Aegis2704@...
                            - goddess@...
                            - windrider42@...
                            - smurfi@...
                            - blade13hjp@...
                            - bolusoo@...
                            - kasiastep@...
                            - mordecai365@...
                            - chir_daki86@...
                            - wtf20004@...
                            - rectangular_circles@...
                            - duckfeet56@...
                            - dragon_heart_teza@...
                            - pippuri11@...
                            - jrd238@...
                            - xavier_arc@...
                            - wesboy2@...
                            - kylinshadow@...

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 16, 2007
                              The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                              final results:

                              POLL QUESTION: Will harry be alive at the end of the series?
                              if no who kills him?

                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                              - dark knight kills him, 11 votes, 7.53%
                              - voldemort kills him, 6 votes, 4.11%
                              - he kills himself, 4 votes, 2.74%
                              - mutual suicide with him and dk, 20 votes, 13.70%
                              - some unknown git takes the glory, 2 votes, 1.37%
                              - umm out of ideas - someone jumps out of a plane lands on him and they both die - lol, 6 votes, 4.11%
                              - other - specify in post, 4 votes, 2.74%
                              - alive, 93 votes, 63.70%

                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy