RE: [stranger_trilogy] epilogue review

  • Nissa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hm, that Riddle is the Headmaster does not mean, he had to be a good guy! Who says, that a Dark Lord cannot be Headmaster of Hogwarts? We don't know how he get that position.
      Maybe he was never turned down, as he tried to apply for DADA. But I think, that Dumbledore was defeated be Grindelwald could be a good guess.
      If that's true, it would change a LOT! Dumbledore influenced the life of so many people. Think at Lupin, or Snape.
      The new enemy could be everyone. But he seems to have long, black hair. Maybe Sirius? Would be interesting.

      hcate7 <hcate7@...> schrieb: Oh... God....
      Such an amazing.... chapter? epilogue? Whatever....
      The thing is, I just couldn's believe it!!! I mean, it was kind of
      obvious that Harry wasn't returning to his own world just yet, but
      this?? Oh God.... I also cried when Lilly appared.... I'm too
      sensitive...
      As soon as the fat Potions Master appeared (Is he Slughorn?). I knew
      there was something wrong with Hogwarts, but THAT was unexpected!!!!
      If Riddle is the Headmaster, then were the hell is Dumbledore? I
      just love Dumbledore way too much to think he is the bad guy here,
      so I won't. But then, who is the bad guy? A pure blood maybe? I
      can't think of Malfoy or someone like that as the real bad guy...
      but I can't think of anyone else. Someone said Grindewalt, but
      wasn't that way too long ago? Maybe someone new? Nah, we wouldn't
      get to understand a new guy soon enough... Uhh! Bellatrix!!!! Well
      that would be unexpected... she's too much of a follower.... ok, I
      give up.
      So, by your summary, am I to believe that Harry is actually going to
      TRUST this Tom??? That is sooo ironic..... And if his parents were
      killed, what about him? I mean the Harry of this world? Were his
      parents killed before he was born????
      What about the (I think) girl-who-lived? How is she the "choosen
      one" like Harry was in his world if the Dark Lord is not the same?
      How weird that both Dark Lords acted the same way... Who is this
      girl anymay? Ok, I guess I'll find out in the first chapter.
      There is just one more thing that I keep asking myself. Is Tom
      Riddle going to be the "Dumbledore" of this world? The person who
      everybody looks up to? Just as kind as Dumbledore? Maybe not that
      kind yet wise wizard? I'm just plain curious by Tom's whole role in
      this story, is he really the lider of the good guys?

      Ok, I'll have to stop there, or I'll keep like these for hours
      (which I will, but you don't want me to write it all, right?). Two
      thumbs up for Jono, this story is just amazing!!!!

    • vanna_62
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "hcate7" <hcate7@...> wrote:

        <snip>

        > If Riddle is the Headmaster, then were the hell is Dumbledore? I
        > just love Dumbledore way too much to think he is the bad guy here,
        > so I won't. But then, who is the bad guy? A pure blood maybe? I

        <snip>

        I too would hate to see Dumbledore as the dark lord. How about Snape
        though? Could he pull it off?

        Vanna
      • hcate7
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
          Yes, that could be posible, yet I can't get off my head this part of
          the summary, the one that says "Harry, having retained his unique
          abilities, and trusting the one person he promised himself he never
          would...." I mean, that doesn't ring any bells for you? The thing
          is, obviously Harry wouldn't trust someone if he is not completley
          sure (guess he won't be trusting Flammel with equations anymore...)
          that person is worth it, not after all the had to go through... so
          unless that part at the summary is refering to someone else... Of
          course, Harry would never trust a lot of people. Bellatrix, the
          Malfoys, Rita Skeeter, the Dursleys.... but that's not the point,
          because the one that in this case could metor him is Riddle, sinse
          we already saw, he is the headmaster.
          Now, I don't think he could be like Dumbledore (nobody is like him,
          snif) but he is powerful, and he is smart, and he is wise. And just
          as Harry may need the skills lerned at the unholly land to defeat
          his Voldemort and the other Harry, he may need skills he is to learn
          at the promised land. Besides, who's better to teach Harry how to
          defeat Voldemort than Tom Riddle?

          Hcate7

          PD: Yeah, Sirius being the bad guy would be... different. Snape is
          another possibility I guess, he is a smart guy... but somehow, that
          seems too easy, are we missing any other long, black haired guy?
          Does somebody knows the features of Grindewalt?

          --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Nissa <nissa_chan@...>