Poll results for stranger_trilogy

  • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
      The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: What is your favorite character so far
      in A Stranger In An Unholy Land?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Harry Potter- he's the best! (Well...he is one of the main characters anyway...), 18 votes, 39.13%
      - Albus Dumbledore. The man knows almost anything., 2 votes, 4.35%
      - It has to be James & Lily Potter. Don't you agree?, 1 votes, 2.17%
      - Rose Potter: She's the best OC in this story!, 6 votes, 13.04%
      - Ron Weasley. Will he ever find out that he's one of Harry's best friends in the other parallel universe?, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Voldemort- he can't be all bad, can he?, 5 votes, 10.87%
      - The Dursleys. I just love people who bully others!, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Sirius Black. Harry's godfather. What more can I say?, 2 votes, 4.35%
      - Remus Lupin. One of the kindest men to ever live., 3 votes, 6.52%
      - Everybody. I just love everybody., 9 votes, 19.57%

      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
      - Harry Potter- he's the best! (Well...he is one of the main characters anyway...)
      - sheener98@...
      - prettyracing@...
      - bloodredsword@...
      - Emerald_Faith_2003@...
      - bilobaz@...
      - jaleandra_la_lok@...
      - Eclairis@...
      - eternity_eight@...
      - gummybear07@...
      - baz_akito@...
      - concrete_soldier101@...
      - i_like_legolas_when_he_is_dead@...
      - Lord_Phoenix@...
      - freakboy3au@...
      - jakesucks@...
      - zaminieinstein@...
      - vickifrances@...
      - lordkazzeem@...
      - Albus Dumbledore. The man knows almost anything.
      - luapregiz@...
      - crypticamoeba@...
      - It has to be James & Lily Potter. Don't you agree?
      - redballoon@...
      - Rose Potter: She's the best OC in this story!
      - deliriousidoit@...
      - wsantelm@...
      - bec_50@...
      - ivarson_21@...
      - ogryn01@...
      - everyonelovesme@...
      - auto_31@...
      - ladycell2000@...
      - Vekkel@...
      - gooiepooie618@...
      - ladylestrange@...
      - The Dursleys. I just love people who bully others!
      - Sirius Black. Harry's godfather. What more can I say?
      - halandleg4ever@...
      - p.as@...
      - Remus Lupin. One of the kindest men to ever live.
      - idimmu_idpa@...
      - ismail_pike@...
      - yaycoffee1@...
      - Everybody. I just love everybody.
      - lily_flower_81391@...
      - ping_pong_555@...
      - junior_builder@...
      - aby219jean@...
      - riouch_sara@...
      - bexyfluff@...
      - drkjasper@...
      - spezlee@...
      - menolly_369@...

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 16, 2005
        The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Do you think Harry will/want Harry to
        find a romance in this universe?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - I hope so, 10 votes, 22.73%
        - No, it wouldn't seem right, 17 votes, 38.64%
        - Only if it was a character we aready know, 2 votes, 4.55%
        - Maybe if it's a new character, 5 votes, 11.36%
        - I don't mind, 10 votes, 22.73%

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Will Harry ever find a way home and,
          if so, will he ever be the same? What
          will his old friends see when they
          meet this new Harry, should he return?

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - A bitter, cold Harry, 11 votes, 30.56%
          - A cheerful, affectionate teen, 2 votes, 5.56%
          - A boy that has no faith or self confidence, 1 votes, 2.78%
          - Someone they never knew, 20 votes, 55.56%
          - Or...the same old Harry, 2 votes, 5.56%

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
            The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
            final results:

            POLL QUESTION: Who thinks that the aurors actually caught Voldemort?

            CHOICES AND RESULTS
            - Yeah, right. There's no way. No way at all. It has to be a fake., 24 votes, 27.91%
            - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that caused him to be caught., 1 votes, 1.16%
            - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be..., 6 votes, 6.98%
            - I think the evil Harry has come back to this universe! That's who they got!, 5 votes, 5.81%
            - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!, 50 votes, 58.14%

            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
            - Yeah, right. There's no way. No way at all. It has to be a fake.
            - n-e_o@...
            - sunshinyecho@...
            - Tom.Beauvais@...
            - dumdidum1983@...
            - bow_to_death@...
            - ewengardner_15@...
            - blueangelpixy@...
            - gatorfan_018@...
            - gwenstarr@...
            - florianaugustin@...
            - rdhddmazoku@...
            - bets_hood@...
            - arwyern@...
            - espo327@...
            - deeana_88@...
            - mistress_of_parchment@...
            - czelene_92@...
            - mrchill104@...
            - the_moonlight_path@...
            - yasu_tano@...
            - tmctflyboy@...
            - ccarroll003@...
            - jaleandra_la_lok@...
            - seacowpalooza@...
            - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that caused him to be caught.
            - truth_factory@...
            - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be...
            - avablizzard597@...
            - klh_thecute1@...
            - jasif1@...
            - aragorn821@...
            - hcate7@...
            - softballextreme2000@...
            - I think the evil Harry has come back to this universe! That's who they got!
            - paymondimonium@...
            - firenice49@...
            - deadalready44@...
            - purplekitten90@...
            - Darrell_King@...
            - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!
            - arctic_fox903@...
            - badgougou@...
            - vicky2nd@...
            - coolgal007616@...
            - rvg_addy@...
            - thedarkknight58@...
            - maxwirt@...
            - flawlesswound@...
            - full_pensieve@...
            - dantesparda28@...
            - timetowieldtheblade@...
            - spunk1550@...
            - saazue@...
            - horseperson@...
            - a.dyrehauge@...
            - hershey_kisses_007@...
            - alexandermancera@...
            - rishabree@...
            - beachgirl0427@...
            - cnjeter@...
            - vickifrances@...
            - damion6@...
            - jonquille_24@...
            - psyjee@...
            - stgilman10@...
            - ski_grl_07@...
            - Vekkel@...
            - s.newport@...
            - iluvanho@...
            - rankia@...
            - gummybear07@...
            - audschmorl@...
            - alanzlinsky@...
            - coolkay1212@...
            - banef_mon@...
            - steph862005@...
            - laurenhorochowskyj@...
            - sphinx_o9@...
            - hi_no_tsubasa@...
            - bobqian2000@...
            - chamomile_teahp@...
            - gallandro_83@...
            - tiaevans87@...
            - xcom_greg@...
            - rsmadhav@...
            - rectangular_circles@...
            - vempele@...
            - dragonzxstorm25@...
            - abhisek_pradhan@...
            - sebek2357@...

            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy

            http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
          • Jono
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
              Incorrect, i'm afriad. The right answer wasn't even
              one of the options. One had elements of truth in it,
              but there is just so much more to it. My Beta has
              recently gone on holiday. She'll be back in about a
              week. Hence the chapter SHOULD be about a week. It may
              not be, so please don't send me a barrage of emails
              next wednesday asking where it is. It should be around
              then, but no promises.

              Until then...

              "Harry," Hermione said slowly. "You haven't told us
              what is happening, or what is expected of us."

              "That is so that if you choose not to help, you cannot
              give us away," said Harry. He had expected a little
              protest from her - he just hoped she had the courage
              of her counterpart inside her. "I know I ask for a lot
              of trust."

              "Then how about you throw some our way?" she asked
              firmly. Her face was set and Harry knew what was
              coming before she opened her mouth. "Who are you,
              really?" she asked. "You haven't lost your memory or
              anything of the sort. Since we are talking about
              trust, give us a genuine reason to trust you."

              Harry glanced at Rose who had visibly paled. She cast
              a concerned look at Harry and then Ginny. She opened
              her mouth, presumably to tell Hermione to shut up, but
              Harry silenced her by shaking his head. Harry's
              neutral mask slipped, and his face fell into a sad
              expression. He knew that one day he would have to face
              this. He also knew that it would be her that figured
              it out. As much as he wanted to tell them everything,
              he almost didn't. He didn't want to put them in
              danger, but that was what he was doing right now
              anyway. Why shouldn't he tell them? He only hoped that
              they believed him. He had barely believed it when he
              himself had found out, and someone as rational as
              Hermione wouldn’t believe him without consulting a
              book and there were none available on this topic.

              "You truly are the brightest witch of your age," said
              Harry, shaking his head and smiling sadly. "And you're
              right. I never lost my memory." There was no point in
              lying. The time had come for the truth to come out. He
              just hoped he could make it sound as though he was
              trustworthy.

              "Hah! I knew it," concluded Ron, earning his glares
              from the other three. Ron seemed not to notice. "I
              knew there was something fishy about you!" he
              continued, a smug expression on his face.

              "Once I tell you, Hermione," said Harry, ignoring Ron.
              "There's no going back. You must keep this to
              yourself, and it will mark you as a target. Are you
              prepared for that?"

              "If I agree to help you tonight, I will be a target,
              so it makes no difference, but I will not risk my life
              without a valid reason," she said. Harry nodded,
              smiling to himself. Maybe she wasn't so different from
              her counterpart in his world.

              "Very well," said Harry. "I've wanted to tell you all
              for so long, but I was scared that you wouldn't
              believe me. This is going to sound like a whopper of a
              lie, but it's the truth." He took a deep breath and
              interlocked his fingers in his lap. Summoning up his
              courage, Harry began to speak. "My name is Harry James
              Potter and I was born on the thirty-first of July,
              nineteen eighty" - he paused before the punch line -
              "in a completely different universe."

              See you in ABOUT a week.

              Jono

              --- stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> [...]
              > - ccarroll003@...
              > - jaleandra_la_lok@...
              > - seacowpalooza@...
              > - Who knows, maybe he was weakened by Harry and that
              > caused him to be caught.
              > - truth_factory@...
              > - I dunno. Seems unlikly, but it could be...
              > - avablizzard597@...
              > - klh_thecute1@...
              > - jasif1@...
              > - aragorn821@...
              > - hcate7@...
              > - softballextreme2000@...
              > - I think the evil Harry has come back to this
              > universe! That's who they got!
              > - paymondimonium@...
              > - firenice49@...
              > - deadalready44@...
              > - purplekitten90@...
              > - Darrell_King@...
              > - It's a scheme! Crouch is up to something!
              > - arctic_fox903@...
              > - badgougou@...
              > - vicky2nd@...
              > - coolgal007616@...
              > - rvg_addy@...
              > - thedarkknight58@...
              > - maxwirt@...
              > - flawlesswound@...
              > - full_pensieve@...
              > - dantesparda28@...
              > - timetowieldtheblade@...
              > - spunk1550@...
              > - saazue@...
              > - horseperson@...
              > - a.dyrehauge@...
              > - hershey_kisses_007@...
              > - alexandermancera@...
              > - rishabree@...
              > - beachgirl0427@...
              > - cnjeter@...
              > - vickifrances@...
              > - damion6@...
              > - jonquille_24@...
              > - psyjee@...
              > - stgilman10@...
              > - ski_grl_07@...
              > - Vekkel@...
              > - s.newport@...
              > - iluvanho@...
              > - rankia@...
              > - gummybear07@...
              > - audschmorl@...
              > - alanzlinsky@...
              > - coolkay1212@...
              > - banef_mon@...
              > - steph862005@...
              > - laurenhorochowskyj@...
              > - sphinx_o9@...
              > - hi_no_tsubasa@...
              > - bobqian2000@...
              > - chamomile_teahp@...
              > - gallandro_83@...
              > - tiaevans87@...
              > - xcom_greg@...
              > - rsmadhav@...
              > - rectangular_circles@...
              > - vempele@...
              > - dragonzxstorm25@...
              > - abhisek_pradhan@...
              > - sebek2357@...
              >

              > For more information about this group, please visit
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy
              >
              > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
              > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

              > --------------------~-->
              > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/U67qlB/TM

            • ladymirth1479
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
                HOLY SHIT!! (excuse my Klatchian) *falls off seat*
                Cliffhangers in a cookie! You are a mean, mean, man Jono!!
                I shall come back and check in a week. If it is not up yet, the next
                you will hear of me is in the obits.
                Keep it up, m'boy!!
                --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Jono

                new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
              • Caliante
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
                  whoa.... talk about teaser! next week huh? well that was fast, I didn't think it'd be out for a while yet.
                  I'm still quite curious to what has happened in "good-Harry's" world. I bet he's going to have a real mess to clean up when/if he gets back.

                  Anywhoo, I hope you're well!
                  Saskia

                  Yahoo! for Good
                • iceman_legend
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 6, 2005
                    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
                    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

                    My feelings are the same as they would be for canon!harry who tells
                    his friends the prophecy. No matter the fic, he somehow always comes
                    to the conclusion that tellings his 'friends' the truth is the right
                    thing. I'm always left with the question as to with why he thinks
                    that. People tell me that they're targets just by being his friends or
                    in this case they'll be targets because of what ever it is he wants
                    them to do. However no one ever stops to think about just what
                    Voldemort did to get that damn prophecy. He offered up the majority of
                    his high level death eaters and even revealed himself to the rest of
                    the world. All of that after spending all that time to work Harry into
                    the position of getting the prophecy off the shelves.

                    There is a very big difference between being on Voldemort's list and
                    having something that he wants more than anything. In this universe,
                    with this Voldemort, after seeing the prophecy in Harry's mind, after
                    finding his second in command with the sword of gryffindor, there are
                    very few things that he would want more than the answers to what the
                    hell is going on. It drives me crazy when I see Harry open his mouth
                    and spew secrets only to follow up or begin with some nonsense about
                    them being friends.

                    If you're my friend, if you really want to do me a favor, if you want
                    me to live and enjoy my life then don't tell me something that will
                    get me killed. After all this, after telling them his story what will
                    have changed? Everything will still be the same except that now even
                    more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret yet
                    he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't be
                    surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than likely
                    he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                    there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed up
                    in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some stupid,
                    reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.

                    Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                    family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the secret
                    to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of things.

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > - banef_mon@y...
                    > > - steph862005@y...
                    > > - laurenhorochowskyj@y...
                    > > - sphinx_o9@y...
                    > > - hi_no_tsubasa@y...
                    > > - bobqian2000@y...
                    > > - chamomile_teahp@y...
                    > > - gallandro_83@h...
                    > > - tiaevans87@y...
                    > > - xcom_greg@y...
                    > > - rsmadhav@y...
                    > > - rectangular_circles@y...
                    > > - vempele@y...
                    > > - dragonzxstorm25@y...
                    > > - abhisek_pradhan@y...
                    > > - sebek2357@y...
                    > >

                    > > For more information about this group, please visit
                    > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy
                    > >
                    > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                    > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                    > > --------------------~-->
                    > > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today

                  • gallandro_83
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                      I would like to point out a few diferences with the scenario you
                      posed.

                      These aren't Harry's friends. As far as they konw this is the same
                      person who lived in gryffindor for a few years then suddenly
                      disappeared to start killing their friends and families and as far
                      as Hermione knows has a hated for just what she is. Honestly if I
                      was asked by someone whom I was sure 3-4 months ago would kill me on
                      site to meet with him and help him in an endeavor that has a
                      multitude of risk, I would ask for a reason as well.

                      I also want to point out that Ron Weasley is there at the moment
                      as well, so not only has Harry told this to people who no longer
                      hold some animosity towards him but to ones who are vocal about
                      his "evilness". I have to assume that Harry had Ginny and rose
                      gather together people to help him with something bringing in the
                      counterparts to his friends to help.

                      The one point I do agree with is that the truth about him being
                      from a parrallel world is perhaps the worst thing he could have
                      shared. It woudl be much safer and perhaps even more plausible to
                      stick to the phropecy since it is known to Voldemort already. I
                      would imagine though that this Harry is so desperate for some kind
                      of connection to his old friends that he wants to confess all to try
                      and have them in his life again. At least that is what I believe
                      Ross used as Harry's motivation.

                      can't wait for the new chapter.

                      gallandro_83

                      --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "iceman_legend"
                      <Vekkel@g...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret
                      yet
                      > he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't
                      be
                      > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                      likely
                      > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                      > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed
                      up
                      > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                      stupid,
                      > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                      >
                      > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                      > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                      secret
                      > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                    • iceman_legend
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 9, 2005
                        So he's doing it because he's selfish? He wants to have part of his
                        old life back and bring the trio together in this new universe? That's
                        even worse than the scenario that I pointed out, that's Harry
                        involving others, placing their lives at risk just because he's
                        homesick? I said from the very beginning that Harry should see this
                        new universe as a vacation. I told him to sit up in that room of
                        requirement, relaxing on the beach and telling Old Man Dumbles to
                        contact him once he's figured out a way to get him home, other than
                        that leave me the hell alone.

                        For those that question him I would have told them that they are free
                        to leave, or to sit down and follow instructions. Here he is risking
                        his life to save them against the vampires, putting his life on the
                        line to stop a damn nuclear explosion and that lousy little know it
                        all and her weasel sidekick are going to question him? If they're so
                        afraid of him or if they don't trust him then once again they can get
                        the hell out. Harry Potter owes them nothing in either universe.

                        The fact that Ron is there, the fact that he still thinks Harry is
                        evil, the fact that he IS a weasley with a loud mouth is all the more
                        reason for him to say nothing. That little Ferret Malfoy is just
                        waiting, damn near salivating for some juicy information he can use to
                        make a name for himself. How easy is it for Malfoy to get Ron going,
                        how easy would it be for Ron to open his fat mouth if he sees Malfoy
                        trying befriend Harry and then let slip the truth just to make Malfoy
                        look foolish. How much more danger is Harry inviting on himself and
                        those he supposedly cares about if Voldemort finds out he's from
                        another dimension. There is NO secret bigger than that.

                        As it stands my only hope is that Dumbledore finds out that Harry
                        opened his mouth and then takes the necessary steps to make sure that
                        the secret stays secret. I'm talking about obliviation or something
                        else, and if not Dumbledore then I can easily see Lily taking steps to
                        safeguard her loved ones even if Harry won't or just doesn't care to.

                        IL

                        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, "gallandro_83"
                        <gallandro_83@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > > more people know his secret, another Weasel will know his secret
                        > yet
                        > > he doesn't stop to consider how big of a mouth Ron has. I wouldn't
                        > be
                        > > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                        > likely
                        > > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and from
                        > > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur layed
                        > up
                        > > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                        > stupid,
                        > > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives of my
                        > > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                        > secret
                        > > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                      • gallandro_83
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 10, 2005
                          I understand what your saying but I still thik that your argument is
                          more about how you yourself would write Harry then how Jono has
                          decided on his character.

                          When I think of where this scene comes from I think Harry is
                          planning something and he obviously thinks that he needs help for
                          it. If that is the case and the Order has refused him who else is he
                          to go to but his psuedo friends. And if he does need there help then
                          he obviously needs to give them a reason to secure there help
                          regardless. The only question at this point is wether or not knowing
                          the phropecy or knowing that he is from another dimenson would
                          secure there support. Personally I think that the prophecy would
                          secure him loyalty from most people, but the alternate universe will
                          be the only thing that can make sense when you add in all the odd
                          behaviors that have cropped up.

                          also I am wondering what you think Jono is going to do for the next
                          two stories he has planned in this universe. Will Harry go to his
                          universe first and will he ever come up against the evil version of
                          himself??

                          gallandro

                          <Vekkel@g...> wrote:

> [...]
                          wouldn't
                          > > be
                          > > > surprised if he's the first to let the secret slip, more than
                          > > likely
                          > > > he'll do while engaged with Malfoy over something stupid, and
                          from
                          > > > there we'll get a torched burrow, dead molly weasley, arthur
                          layed
                          > > up
                          > > > in St.Mungos like the Longbottoms, all because Harry for some
                          > > stupid,
                          > > > reason decided to tell his 'friends' about who he really is.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks but no thanks mate, I value my life, I value the lives
                          of my
                          > > > family, if you are friend, then shut the hell up and keep the
                          > > secret
                          > > > to yourself. I pity the world the day he is left in command of

                        • Greg Bishop
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 10, 2005
                            Hmm... First let me say I see where you are coming from, but that I
                            think you're transposing your own feelings onto Harry, and that he
                            looks at things differently to the way you do.

                            I think one of the important differences between the story, and your
                            argument, is that your views of Ron and Hermione are completely
                            different to the Harry in this story.

                            Jono's Harry, (as does JKR's imho) actually likes and trusts Ron and
                            Hermione! ;) While you obviously can't stand Ron, and also don't
                            seem to like Hermione much, the Harry in this story considers them
                            as his best friends, because they are (to him) intrinsicly the same
                            people that have stood by him through thick and thin at Hogwarts,
                            they are the only family he remembers. Now although he has a family
                            in this universe, he isn't going to forget them. So I guess I
                            disagree with gallandro_83 on that point.

                            Which leads us back to your first argument, that as they are his
                            friends he shouldn't be telling them. Interesting...

                            Let me ask you a question:

                            Should Dumbledore have told Harry the Prophecy sooner?

                            It's the same kind of thing if you think about it.

                            It's to do with being told information, that suddenly makes your
                            life *seem* at a more dangerous precipice than before. Make no
                            mistake - Ron and Hermione are already in deadly danger, even in
                            this world. (As evidenced by the vampires, attack on the train
                            etc.), Rose's friendship with Ginny means the Weasley family are in
                            danger, and Hermione is an intelligent Muggleborn witch.

                            Continuing on the subject of danger. You make it sound as if being
                            told this is the thing that is going to put them in danger. I
                            disagree. If Harry needs their cooperation for something, I'd
                            suggest that the thing he needs their cooperation for is the thing
                            that is initially going to put them in danger, and that he has to
                            justify this risk to them if he wants them to help. Perhaps this is
                            not Harry 'doing this because they are his friends', but rather,
                            Harry 'doing this because they are the only people he feels he can
                            trust to stand along side of him'.

                            Perhaps you are right, and that they will be in more danger if they
                            know the truth (although I can't see how anyone can find out about
                            this confidence, to quiz them about it), but then, on the flip side,
                            perhaps there is more of a chance of stopping Voldemort if they know
                            the truth. Remember, if Voldemort isn't defeated, it's a matter of
                            time until Ron and Hermione's rights (if they are alive) are non-
                            existant at best, or that they are transformed into some not very
                            nice people that support Voldemort... Well, Ron is then. If telling
                            them means that Voldemort is defeated, then they are, in a sense, in
                            far less danger.

                            I hope you get what I am trying to say, the words aren't coming off
                            the keyboard as I might wish. =/

                            Anyway, moving on...

                            Hmm... you make Ron sound like a blabbermouth about everything, I
                            have to disagree, as I do not feel there is any canon backing - or
                            backing from SiaUL for this. Give me one instance of a time when
                            Harry has trusted Ron with something important, actually, *anyone*
                            has trusted him with *anything*, and Ron has gone and told people.
                            Even in GoF when Ron isn't talking with Harry, he never approaches
                            anything like that.

                            True, this Ron is different to canon, but we are led to believe he
                            still has the same inner traits, and Ron, apart from that one time
                            in GoF, has always been fiercely loyal to Harry. I think you are
                            being overly harsh on Ron tbh, however, seeing as I have seen this
                            view a lot in fanon, it's probably easy to get that impression of
                            him from reading fanfic. Personally I think people are just jealous
                            that he is Harry's best mate(!!! :P)... j/k ;)

                            As for your argument about if they are his friends he shouldn't tell
                            them or they'll be in grave danger, forgive me, (and I mean no
                            disrespect by this) but this sounds to me like the Slytherin way of
                            thinking (or at least Phineus Nigellus - not Malfoy/Voldemort: "We
                            Slytherin's are brave, yes, but not foolhardy. For instance, given
                            the choice, we shall always save our own skins" - or something like
                            that).

                            Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all true Gryffindors, and one of the
                            things that comes with that, we are told, is fierce bravery, and
                            loyalty to friends. That kind of person would want to know, even
                            though it put them in danger, because they see themself as being
                            more able to help their friend with the knowledge, than without.
                            Just like Harry felt when he thought Dumbledore didn't trust him
                            with the info. Therefore, telling them is the right thing to do,
                            because Harry has far less right to hide the truth from his friends,
                            than Dumbledore had to hide the Prophecy from Harry.

                            SMALL HBP SPOILER
                            SMALL HBP SPOILER
                            SMALL HBP SPOILER
                            SMALL HBP SPOILER
                            SMALL HBP SPOILER

                            "> As it stands my only hope is that Dumbledore finds out that Harry
                            > opened his mouth and then takes the necessary steps to make sure
                            that
                            > the secret stays secret."

                            That, if you think about it, is completely opposite to canon
                            Dumbledore. Why? Think of the Prophecy. In HBP, Dumbledore tells
                            Harry that he does his friends a disservice by not confiding in them.

                            I'm not trying to have a go at you or your beliefs or anything, and
                            I swear I am not trying to be nasty (I know how text can be read in
                            a completely different manner to the way you intended it when
                            writing), I just happen to believe you're being very harsh upon a
                            couple of the characters, among other things.

                            Afterthought_btw
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/~afterthoughtbtw

                            <snip>
                          • stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 12, 2007
                              The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                              final results:

                              POLL QUESTION: when will ch 5 be posted?

                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                              - 9-21, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - 9-22, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - 9-20, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 9-23, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 9-24, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - 9-25, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 9-26, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 9-27, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - 9-28, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 9-29, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 9-30, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - 10-1, 9 votes, 13.43%
                              - 10-2, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 10-3, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 10-4, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - 10-5, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - 10-6, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - 10-7, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - 10-8, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 10-9, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 10-11, 3 votes, 4.48%
                              - 10-12, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 10-13, 2 votes, 2.99%
                              - 10-14, 1 votes, 1.49%
                              - after 10-14, 20 votes, 29.85%

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 13, 2007
                                The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                                final results:

                                POLL QUESTION: How often do you check to see if Jono has updated?

                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                - Daily, 65 votes, 44.52%
                                - About once a week, 29 votes, 19.86%
                                - Whenever I think about it, 24 votes, 16.44%
                                - Rarely, 6 votes, 4.11%
                                - All the time, 22 votes, 15.07%

                                INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                - Daily
                                - flopcat@...
                                - whineybrat@...
                                - eva.klinksiek@...
                                - danny-kimchee@...
                                - jolene_1989@...
                                - sir_pid@...
                                - datomena@...
                                - aseveredhand@...
                                - moggele14@...
                                - philly_homer@...
                                - hg403a@...
                                - USSMIRAGE@...
                                - shadesofmemories@...
                                - hcate7@...
                                - bob_9233@...
                                - tsugumiwinters@...
                                - Tero.Alanne@...
                                - rajeshwarganesh@...
                                - xue.bi.sprite@...
                                - dimakako@...
                                - GCSiriusb87@...
                                - asad_asif_78@...
                                - daydreamer8970@...
                                - ramill7@...
                                - lunalovegood666@...
                                - amydolphin2405@...
                                - ancalyme@...
                                - mikes@...
                                - sellke.1@...
                                - elvenarcher310@...
                                - yojorocks@...
                                - immolo11@...
                                - squigglyhopper@...
                                - anacl_martins@...
                                - melissaragsdale2000@...
                                - arecnis101@...
                                - atriacu@...
                                - lars.gehlert@...
                                - laurenhorochowskyj@...
                                - wdimattia@...
                                - jaleandra_la_lok@...
                                - spirariddle@...
                                - jle525@...
                                - mayhem1565@...
                                - spikesgrl6@...
                                - blue_llama202@...
                                - rog1039@...
                                - nielso090@...
                                - pzhlucia@...
                                - lunaluvgood_eclipse@...
                                - adam_0066@...
                                - antipsychotic@...
                                - tapinder_gne@...
                                - stranger_from_the_east1@...
                                - kpayne3@...
                                - tom_jhynes@...
                                - insane_flare@...
                                - alexandermancera@...
                                - blah77777777@...
                                - amilita.chan@...
                                - ninjas_4ever@...
                                - devlin_mor@...
                                - illachi@...
                                - francescadingley@...
                                - vincent@...
                                - About once a week
                                - avxar@...
                                - scwarrior@...
                                - ecarpio@...
                                - dwjones200@...
                                - satine_nuit@...
                                - star_waters@...
                                - hey_jude5447@...
                                - corkscrew13@...
                                - ariaarasteh@...
                                - jess068302@...
                                - thermapolae@...
                                - bxj@...
                                - briarrose@...
                                - bdbugz09@...
                                - alex11993@...
                                - buhaitha@...
                                - buffybot1985@...
                                - pdo_91@...
                                - dolaroche@...
                                - bloodredsword@...
                                - silvervman@...
                                - lindsayaiello@...
                                - emner_emma@...
                                - crazyrigal@...
                                - mahotsuukai@...
                                - steves.place.mail@...
                                - pkl_dailey@...
                                - toughguy_28@...
                                - darkittykat@...
                                - Whenever I think about it
                                - bookworm17@...
                                - coolcjenny@...
                                - razielnox66@...
                                - rickpeeters@...
                                - kristen672@...
                                - gimpydacat@...
                                - jere666@...
                                - brook_tamlin@...
                                - jle1001@...
                                - jvperea@...
                                - cvsantos22@...
                                - chrisbomb4@...
                                - anime.cards@...
                                - the_passengerr@...
                                - k.liia@...
                                - hopeless_idiot1983@...
                                - rjs5126@...
                                - corrupted_nutter88@...
                                - fantasyblue28@...
                                - loganblackisle@...
                                - angelmorph@...
                                - annette.trueman@...
                                - peterg@...
                                - danihub@...
                                - Rarely
                                - cavanfrain@...
                                - random_shinobi@...
                                - twinsen1988@...
                                - Agrarrevolution@...
                                - aiaeid@...
                                - audschmorl@...
                                - All the time
                                - palverprim@...
                                - gallandro_83@...
                                - guidedgrenade@...
                                - doris_186@...
                                - Aegis2704@...
                                - goddess@...
                                - windrider42@...
                                - smurfi@...
                                - blade13hjp@...
                                - bolusoo@...
                                - kasiastep@...
                                - mordecai365@...
                                - chir_daki86@...
                                - wtf20004@...
                                - rectangular_circles@...
                                - duckfeet56@...
                                - dragon_heart_teza@...
                                - pippuri11@...
                                - jrd238@...
                                - xavier_arc@...
                                - wesboy2@...
                                - kylinshadow@...

                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 16, 2007
                                  The following stranger_trilogy poll is now closed. Here are the
                                  final results:

                                  POLL QUESTION: Will harry be alive at the end of the series?
                                  if no who kills him?

                                  CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                  - dark knight kills him, 11 votes, 7.53%
                                  - voldemort kills him, 6 votes, 4.11%
                                  - he kills himself, 4 votes, 2.74%
                                  - mutual suicide with him and dk, 20 votes, 13.70%
                                  - some unknown git takes the glory, 2 votes, 1.37%
                                  - umm out of ideas - someone jumps out of a plane lands on him and they both die - lol, 6 votes, 4.11%
                                  - other - specify in post, 4 votes, 2.74%
                                  - alive, 93 votes, 63.70%

                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stranger_trilogy