Re: Horcrux Theories

  • jkoney65
    Message 1 of 77 , Feb 1, 2006
      I haven't been able to find the quote where she said Draco wasn't
      redeemable. I found one where whe said he was evil. And some
      mentioning of how she wanted people to not confuse Draco with the
      actor playing the part.

      In any case, it doesn't appear that she has any thoughts about
      redeeming him.

      Jack-A-Roe

      --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, Lahti <c2e7d@...> wrote:

      > Where did JK state that?
      >
      > As for Harry, I don't think he's a horcrux. Volde used the Avada on
      him, which makes it
      > seem that he wanted Harry dead, not a body to hold his soul. It
      might have been
      > possible that Volde meant to use Harry's death to make a horcrux,
      but failed. I also
      > don't think it was made accidentally, if that's the case (using
      Harry's death to make a
      > horcrux), since Harry didn't die. Though I think it might be
      possible for there to be
      > an 'eighth' horcrux. Volde knows that his diary was destroyed (he
      doesn't know about
      > the ring or locket), so his soul isn't in seven pieces anymore.
      He'd have to make
      > another horcrux to get back that magical number 'seven'.
      >
      > And I believe Snape is still on the good side! :) At least in the
      sense that he's
      > against Volde.
      >
      > Quoting jkoney65 <jkoney65@...>:
      >
      > > I believe JKR already mentioned that Draco is not going to be
      > > redeemed.
      > >
      > > As for Snape, it is going to take an awful lot of explaining to
      make
      > > him on the light side and have it be believable. I don't think
      it's
      > > going to happen although there is enough vagueness in HBP to
      allow
      > > the thought.
      > >
      > > Jack-A-Roe
      > >
      > > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, hele braunstein
      > > <hele.br@g...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi!
      > > > fics aside, I was thinking (hey give me a prize ;-)), the
      reason
      > > that stands
      > > > up to me when I think why Harry could not be a horcrux, is that
      he
      > > then
      > > > should kill himself before try to kill Vodemort, and that would
      be
      > > pretty
      > > > difficult. Bah, there is a lot of ways to circumnavigate that,
      > > suppose:
      > > > -He could try to exorcise himself (I read that in a Post HBP
      fic)
      > > > -The prophecy could mean that he, Harry, must defeat Voldemort,
      not
      > > kill him
      > > > (that would mean he must destroy all the horcruxes, including
      > > himself, and
      > > > other person will kill Voldemort).
      > > >
      > > > Well, I think that at least one of the two (or Snape or Draco)
      > > would be
      > > > redeem, just because it doesn't seem to have much point to keep
      > > pointing
      > > > that Slitherins are evil, is pretty redundant, don't you think?
      And
      > > the fact
      > > > that all the actions in Snape part could be interpreted as evil
      or
      > > as good,
      > > > seems auspicious. Only keep a spy that no one in the good side
      > > knows about
      > > > doesn't seems to have much point, but that could be resolved in
      the
      > > first
      > > > part of book seven. I am a firm believer that Snape is working
      for
      > > the good
      > > > side, or at least for Dumbledore (he is a bastard anyway, and a
      > > bully, but
      > > > hey, a person can be good and horrible at the same time), and
      that
      > > Malfoy
      > > > -Draco- can be redeem , if only because is scared of killing
      > > anybody.
      > > > That was my two knuts on the matter, I mostly only lurk here,
      so
      > > hope I am
      > > > not intruding.
      > > > (And hope the liberties I take with the English language
      doesn't
      > > scare
      > > > you, I am Argentinean, I don't mean them. :-)
      > > >

      > > > --
      > > > hele.
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • The Enchanted Teakettle
      Message 77 of 77 , Feb 20, 2006
        How wouldn't Voldy be "killable"? He's now a mortal man with a torn up soul. Besides, it's less risky if Harry dies when Voldy is actually mortal, rather than when he's still got one more horcrux; if Voldy is actually mortal, then technically, he's already using his last horcrux because it's in his body now. On the other hand, if he's in "spirit form"; then no one will be able to find him until he's re-embodied. It's the first book all over again.

        Also, about the prophecy, so far, everything about the prophecy's been true, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe. And it's not like Trelawney's not completely believable; she was right about her prediction at the end of PoA.

        If Harry was a Slytherin, he wouldn't pump Voldy full of lead because he'd be too scared to risk his neck. Or he'd be a Death Eater, if we're talking Alternate Universe. But even then, pumping him full of lead wouldn't be all that useful because he's got HORCRUXES! That'd be a big waste of time, then, wouldn't it? Think of how many oneshots you could read in the time it takes to track Voldy down, disarm him, and then pump him full of lead...

        Whether its in-character or out-of-character, regardless of how much easier it'd be to take Voldy down before the Horcruxes, it's still not going to happen. There's going to be a final battle at the end of the seventh book and that's that. It'll sell better that way, anyway.

        --TET

        Khoa <zwngdragon@...> wrote:
        Well technically if the prophecy s to be believed(which i still don't
        believe it) if Harry dies and all the Horucruxes are destroyed
        Voldemort would not be killable(he can die you just can't kill him).
        It might or might not be out of character but the book wouldn't be
        structured that way with how the big things are at the end. Lastly if
        Harry was really slytherin he'd just get a hand-gun and pump voldemort
        full of lead.

        --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, The Enchanted Teakettle
        <conmartclerk@...> wrote:

        > I seriously, honestly, completely doubt that Harry will kill
        Voldemort before getting rid of all the horcruxes first. He'd want the
        "final battle" to actually be final. He and Dumbledore decided from
        the start that when Harry faced Voldemort again, he'd be a mortal with
        a torn, maimed soul, though he'd still have his powers. It's just
        out-of-character for Harry to be willing to face Voldemort and duel
        him and all that jazz before the horcruxes are gone. What if, while
        dueling Voldemort, Harry dies? Then who's going to get the last
        horcrux? No one else was prophesized to do it! If Harry gets rid of
        all the horcruxes first, then even if he does die in the final battle,
        Voldy will be mortal, and maybe even shaken by the duel, as Dumby was
        when he dueled Voldemort. Much better than if Harry dies and Voldy has
        a final horcrux.

        >   But who knows, maybe he'll suddenly go out of character and turn
        Slytherinish enough to save his neck the other way.

        >   --TET
        >
        > jkoney65 <jkoney65@...> wrote:
        >   I agree with you to a point. I think Harry is much farther down the
        > path than you think and I don't think it will take too much more for
        > him to want victory at any cost to himself.
        >
        > Jack-A-Roe
        >

        > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, The Enchanted Teakettle
        > <conmartclerk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > "Starting to" is the key phrase. However, so far, Harry is still
        > being his hard-headed, stubborn, unreasonably freakish self-righteous
        > and noble self at the moment, and it would be out-of-character for
        > him to change. He's in Gryffindor for a reason.
        > >
        > > jkoney65 <jkoney65@> wrote:  I think Harry is starting to
        > realize that war isn't fair. If he loses
        > > anyone else, I believe he will not care enough to fight Voldemort
        > in a
        > > fair way. He'll just want him dead at any cost to protect the
        > others.
        > >
        > > Jack-A-Roe
        > >
        > > --- In stranger_trilogy@yahoogroups.com, The Enchanted Teakettle
        > > <conmartclerk@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > There's a problem with that: Harry can't consider Voldy
        > completely
        > > defeated until all horcruxes are gone, he's just not able to; he
        > > wouldn't be satisfied with such a "victory" because he knows
        > Voldy'd
        > > come back if he didn't get all the horcruxes.
        > > >
        > > >   What you said was perfectly logical, and if I were Harry, I'd
        > do
        > > it, but Harry's different; he doesn't think like that. Like I said
        > > before, Harry would want it to be a fair fight, what with his
        > noble,
        > > self-righteousness-mumbo jumbo. He'd want the...satisfaction, if
        > you
        > > will excuse my lack of vocabulary variety, of knowing that he was
        > able
        > > to defeat Voldy when he was actually in his body. It's stupid of
        > him,
        > > but it's him.

        > >         Goblet of fire

        > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.

        > >   The Enchanted Teakettle

        > >  Yahoo! Mail
        > >  Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

        >         Goblet of fire

        Service.