STRANGE PARADISE Reviews/Recaps and Slideshows

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 8:26 AM
      Hi, Debby

      Attached is the first slideshow for the very 1st episode of Strange Paradise. Maybe we can work together, I'll work on the slideshows and you could help with the reviews/recaps for the episodes. No rush, as it will take some time to get enough slideshows ready. They do take me as a novice some time to get right, as I don't want them to be too large to attach and yet have the right photos for a recap of the show. When ready you could send me your reviews/recaps and I'll attach the slideshow and send off to the list, if that's ok with you. I had received a reply from Bryan who runs the Strange Paradise web site and he might add the slideshows to it and I'm sure he'll be willing to add your reviews, especially for episodes he doesn't have any reviews/recaps already. This will help keep Strange Paradise alive in the members minds, since most don't have the episodes or just not enough time to watch them over and over again. I'll appreciate your comments on the slideshow
      and any suggestions on how to make it more interesting. When I send them off to the list, both our names will be added so they know this is a joint effort. Thanks.

      Debby Graham <dnt61350@...> wrote:
      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Ron Janick
      <ronbellajanick@...> wrote:

      > If anyone is interest...I thinking of doing what we have on a Dark
      > Shadows group...a woman has for every day a summary of an
      episode, along with a mini-slideshow of scenes from the episode.
      Let me know if this might be of interest. It may take me a little
      while to get everything set-up, but it should be fun, sort of like
      watching it on tv, again.

      > marktpassmore <marktpassmore@...> wrote:
      > The end of the first week was a excellent one.
      > Very nice getting the background on Erica's death and Jacques
      > history. I did not expect Raxl to reveal to Allison what was going
      > on with the possession so quickly. Most soaps, then and now,
      > including Dark Shadows, had the habit of keeping characters "out
      of
      > the loop" for unrealistic periods of time and contrived reasons.
      > Nice to see Raxl just be up front about the situation whether
      > Allison believed her or not.
      > Also good to see that Jean Paul is aware of what is happening and
      > does not like it, even if he is apparently helpless to share his
      > frustrations with anyone else.
      > The Doctor's death at the end was unexpected. I thought he was a
      > regular player in the series because he played a larger roll in
      one
      > of the books.
      > A strong story and sterling performances from the cast concluded
      the
      > week very well. I would definately watch it again the following
      > week. I wonder how the ratings were this first week? It didn't
      play
      > here in the St.Petersburg / Tampa area of Florida, so sources I
      > could utilize to find out, would be no good.
      > Well, from now on I will only write about my impressions of each
      > week's worth of episodes (although it will probably take me longer
      > than a week to watch them). If this first week is any indication,
      > I'm going to be in for an exciting ride!
      >
      > Hi Ron, I would like to help. From reading your reviews I have
      started warching the series over from the beginning. Helping with
      the reviews would be easy, but I haven't had any experience with
      slideshows, but am willing to learn.

      Debby

      > Horror movie dvd Horror dvd Paradise Horror book
      Horror movie poster Horror collectible

      Service.

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

      Bella's Votes for the B.O.N.E.S's 2007 Calendar Contest: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album?.dir=300a&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
      DS Festival Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6 8:47 AM
        Now I know that attachments won't go through...if anyone is interested in seeing this...please email me privately and I'll send it off. When this gets off the ground, I hope to have a place where I can direct you to see the slideshows. Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

        Ron Janick <ronbellajanick@...> wrote: Hi, Debby