Re: episodes 171?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
      Dear Library (forgive the odd affectation, but you NEVER sign your
      posts),

      I have a copy of it, but it's at least 3rd (or 4th?) generation and
      the quality is pretty poor. Let's hope that it ran on Drive-in
      Classics this time around. I have found it curious that there have
      been no comments from Canadian viewers about the latest run-through
      of the series.

      To the fan from Canada, no, the series is not broadcast in the US.
      Most here have never heard of it unless they are of a certain
      generation and temperament.

      Difficult though it is to believe with all the Ontario accents,
      Desmond Hall was supposed to be in the US. I think I found that more
      of a stretch than Maljardin's purported setting in a gloomy, tempest-
      tossed corner of the Caribbean!

      Best wishes,

      Steve
    • Will Curtis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
        Hi, Steve! I don't mind being called Library, but my
        real name is Curt. Sorry, I often forget to sign my
        postings all over the place. Bad habit. I too am a
        bit puzzled by the lack of comment on the current run
        of SP, but I guess it's because most of us have seen
        it already. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that
        Drive-In Classics did run episodes 165 and 171 this
        time out, but I'm not terribly hopeful. If you have
        even a poor copy of 171, I'd certainly love to see it.
        I'm working on synopses of each of the episodes, and
        this one sure leaves a gaping hole in the set. If you
        wouldn't mind, please drop me a line offlist sometime.
        I'd be more than happy to trade or reimburse you in
        some way. Thanks, and perhaps I'll catch you sometime
        later on. - Curt (I remembered!)

        http://mail.yahoo.com