Re: [Strange Paradise] Re: Strange Paradise Fan Fiction

  • Thomas Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2005
      I think the story is great, except fot the ending also. There should be a way to fight the
      evil on Maljardin.

      Deborah Desmond <ozbobz-cats@...> wrote:
      Very, very good! You must be a writer. I liked all of it, until the very end. I would not like that ending for Jean Paul. No hope at all! All is lost! Forever to always come back to the same place, no escape at all! He would probably commit suicide. That would definitely be the end of the story. There would be no reason to go on, either for Jean Paul, or the person reading it, or future stories.
      There should always be a glimmer of hope. Something for Jean Paul to strive for. At least, that's the way I feel about it.
      Your writing is very good. Just didn't like the ending.
      Deborah
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2005
        Thanks for the feedback, guys! I really do appreciate it, and anyone
        else who feels like commenting, please do. I knew when I conceived
        this idea that it wound up treating Jean Paul terribly. Still, the
        show was above all else a horror series, so I decided to run with
        it. I still may decide to re-write the ending to give, as some of
        you have put it, "a glimmer of hope" to our beloved character, but I
        haven't decided yet. My thought on the subject is this: no matter
        how bleak a situation is, even if it appears totally hopeless, a bit
        of imagination can find a way around it. I didn't really intend this
        to be the ending of a story, but a possible jumping off point for
        more stories. Not that I'm certain that I'll ever re-visit this
        particular piece of fiction again, but it's possible, and anyone else
        out there is welcome to pick things up here if you have your own
        vision. I've already conceived of at least one way that Jean Paul
        might get out of this predicament, but that's just my idea. What
        about you folks out there? Anyone else want to pick up the ball and
        run with it for awhile? Thanks again for taking the time to read my
        stuff and comment on it. I really appreciate it. - Curt

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Desmond" <ozbobz-

      • Deborah Desmond
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2005
          Your right, Curt. I wasn't really using my imagination to see a way out for Jean Paul. There could be endless possibilities. For one thing, God always gives us a way out of impossible situations, and He is by far, more powerful than the devil. Nearly all good horror stories, are as much about the power of God, as they are about the fearmongering deception of Satan.

          I'm no writer, but Raxl could be brought back to the story as the "good" priestess that she was, at the beginning of the series. She would know what for Jean Paul to do, to get out of the curse. I'm sure, though, that you could come up with something much better. I always did like the character of Raxl, though, and would like to see her involved somehow.

          Deborah