The Sci-Fi Channel - I have a feeling

  • evilmadscientist1
    Message 1 of 234 , Jan 22, 2001
      Hello, <br><br>Finally found the SP board again.
      Lost track of the last one. <br><br>As for the SciFi
      Chan.,I contacted them a yr ago and did get a response.
      Their reponse was: "I (we've) never heard of the show".
      Hmmmmmmmmm? <br><br>I had the feeling that the channel is
      only interested in pure Sci-Fi subjects and is being
      programmed by people in their mid 20's. Would this would
      have explained why they didn't remember the show? Who
      knows. Or would it have anything to do with programming?
      I doubt it. <br>I'm 35 and just have vague memories
      of Raxl and Quito. When I purchased the 21 vhs
      volumes it all came back to me of course.<br><br>The
      other problem that might come into play would be
      Centaur distribution. Would the Sci-Fi channel have to
      buy the series or rent a single run or two of it? I'm
      not sure how these things work.<br>As I recall,
      Centaur was trying to sell off their catalog for
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Also when I purchased my last volume the dealer
      was telling me how Centaur vanishes and pops up from
      time to time. Sometimes years pass. Even if the Sci-Fi
      channel wanted the series, could they locate
      Centaur?<br><br>As for ordering from Centaur, I remember a few board
      members never got their tapes they ordered from Centaur.
      How did this pan out? Where the checks actually
      cashed? Then right after that Centaur's web presence
      vanished.<br><br>I am glad I got all 21 volumes when I did. I'm
      dying for the full series. I only hope the series
      didn't vanish with Centaur. I wonder if they had legal
      problems and decided to leave town?
      Message 234 of 234 , Feb 1, 2011
        LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to re-watch that.