Observation Piano Music

  • Alisa
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
      I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
      they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
      music which was played on the very last episode.

      Alisa
    • mikeatwost
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2005
        I noticed it for a long time, well before the reruns began on Drive-in
        Classics last year. Also, when you see the copyright at the end of the
        very last episode, you will hear the thunder rumbling. (I'm assuming
        most of you who have various episodes have the copyright attached at
        the end; otherwise the picture will fade to black as the last credit --
        or the "to be continued" -- shows on the screen. And so far, for every
        episode I have taped, there's a copyright at the end; I still have
        another 43 episodes -- not counting #165 and #171, which Drive-in
        Classics has not aired -- to go before my "Strange Paradise" collection
        is complete.)

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...> wrote:
        > I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
        > they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
        > music which was played on the very last episode.
        >

        > Alisa
      • drew790
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2005
          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...> wrote:
          > I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
          > they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
          > music which was played on the very last episode.
          >

          > Alisa

          Strange Paradise has amazing background music. Especially when you
          consider it's canadian, a soap opera, and 1969. SP's background music
          blows Dark Shadows music out of the water. SP seems to also have
          better directors, or camera operators. Crane shots, long moving
          shots, stuff I never see on DS.
        • Alisa
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "drew790"
            <andrewhatch790@h...> I agree! there will never be
            another show as great as this one!!!!!!
            > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...>
            wrote:
            > > I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
            > > they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
            > > music which was played on the very last episode.
            > >

            > > Alisa
            >
            > Strange Paradise has amazing background music. Especially when you
            > consider it's canadian, a soap opera, and 1969. SP's background
            music
            > blows Dark Shadows music out of the water. SP seems to also have
            > better directors, or camera operators. Crane shots, long moving
            > shots, stuff I never see on DS.
          • Alisa
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
              --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "mikeatwost"
              <mikeatwost@y...> yes i noticed the thunder rumbling also.
              If every episode comes out on DVD I will watch forever and ever
              a million times!!!!!
              > I noticed it for a long time, well before the reruns began on Drive-
              in
              > Classics last year. Also, when you see the copyright at the end of
              the
              > very last episode, you will hear the thunder rumbling. (I'm
              assuming
              > most of you who have various episodes have the copyright attached
              at
              > the end; otherwise the picture will fade to black as the last
              credit --
              > or the "to be continued" -- shows on the screen. And so far, for
              every
              > episode I have taped, there's a copyright at the end; I still have
              > another 43 episodes -- not counting #165 and #171, which Drive-in
              > Classics has not aired -- to go before my "Strange Paradise"
              collection
              > is complete.)
              >
              > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...>
              wrote:
              > > I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
              > > they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
              > > music which was played on the very last episode.
              > >

              > > Alisa
            • suki_forbes
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
                I like the music on Strange Paradise a lot. However, I can't say I
                like it better than the music from Dark Shadows.

                -
                -- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...> wrote:
                > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "mikeatwost"
                > <mikeatwost@y...> yes i noticed the thunder rumbling also.
                > If every episode comes out on DVD I will watch forever and ever
                > a million times!!!!!
                > > I noticed it for a long time, well before the reruns began on
                Drive-
                > in
                > > Classics last year. Also, when you see the copyright at the end
                of
                > the
                > > very last episode, you will hear the thunder rumbling. (I'm
                > assuming
                > > most of you who have various episodes have the copyright attached
                > at
                > > the end; otherwise the picture will fade to black as the last
                > credit --
                > > or the "to be continued" -- shows on the screen. And so far, for
                > every
                > > episode I have taped, there's a copyright at the end; I still
                have
                > > another 43 episodes -- not counting #165 and #171, which Drive-in
                > > Classics has not aired -- to go before my "Strange Paradise"
                > collection
                > > is complete.)
                > >
                > > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > > I noticed that in some of the Maljarding episodes
                > > > they have the background sound of the beautiful piano
                > > > music which was played on the very last episode.
                > > >

                > > > Alisa
              • drew790
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
                  --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, suki_forbes <no_reply@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > I like the music on Strange Paradise a lot. However, I can't say I
                  > like it better than the music from Dark Shadows.

                  I definitely can. I find Dark Shadows is always using the same piece
                  of music all the time (the dooooo-doo-doooooo one), where SP they'd
                  always be playing something different and beautiful.

                  I loved the Maljardain/Jaques theme that we started getting again at
                  the end of the show (the one thats like a light guitar strumming of
                  the theme song)

                  I adored that neat piece they'd always play in the castle basement.