Desmond Hall

  • suki_forbes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
      I'm having an even harder time tearing myself away from the TV now. The
      estate on Maljardin has burned to the ground and Jean Paul is at
      Desmond Hall along with Holly, Raxl & Quito. I'm liking all the new
      characters, Cort, Ada & Lazlo and Irene. Wow!

      Is Demond Hall in Canada or the US?
    • mikeatwost
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
        Well, it could go either way. But considering the family history (name-
        wise, the original family name was French), I would say Canadian. To
        me, Desmondton sounds like Edmonton. You also have to consider the
        number of writers (most of them were for really short-term) were
        probably not Canadian. The show's final writer, Harding Lemay, was born
        in a small U.S. town near the Canadian border. There's an interview
        Harding did for Soap Opera Digest. The link is
        http://iriswheeler.tripod.com/sodonline1997.html . But Strange Paradise
        is not mentioned in that interview.
      • jh11786
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, suki_forbes <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > I'm having an even harder time tearing myself away from the TV now.
          The
          > estate on Maljardin has burned to the ground and Jean Paul is at
          > Desmond Hall along with Holly, Raxl & Quito. I'm liking all the new
          > characters, Cort, Ada & Lazlo and Irene. Wow!
          >
          > Is Demond Hall in Canada or the US?

          In the last week of the Maljardin episodes, Jacques asks Erica if Jean
          Paul ever took her to the Great House(I believe thats how it is
          referred to) in Fort Desmond in Canada. I believe that Fort Desmond is
          the same as Desmondton (a gliche on the writers part I believe this
          was a Salverson/Chudley or Elward episode not a Crane one).

          However I seem to recall towards the end when Laslo's first wife is
          mentioned that it seemed Desmondton was an American town. I may be
          completely off though.
        • drew790
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
            wrote:
            > I'm having an even harder time tearing myself away from the TV now.
            The
            > estate on Maljardin has burned to the ground and Jean Paul is at
            > Desmond Hall along with Holly, Raxl & Quito. I'm liking all the new
            > characters, Cort, Ada & Lazlo and Irene. Wow!
            >
            > Is Demond Hall in Canada or the US?

            Early on in desmond hall they mentioned it was in canada

            and just wait till the real Ada shows up, you'll like her alot more!
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 21, 2006
              I know that we have debated this before, but I am currently watching
              the Desmond Hall epsiodes again and am curious - does anyone know
              where the exterior shots of Desmond Hall were taken? Everyone claims
              that it is Casa Loma also, but I fail to see the resemblance. It
              seems like a totally different structure to me. Any thoughts out
              there?