Re: Rev Matt

  • suki_forbes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...> wrote:

      > Does this mean they didn't show the very first
      > episode? but one of the early ones? ):

      Actually I was able to get some of the early episodes on video from a
      friend. I've never seen the show before but have really gotten into it
      with what I've seen so far. It's a great show!

      I don't have access to Divein Cassics TV channel. Someone recently
      posted here that they were starting up again on tv.

      I was just wondering about Rev. Matt and his motivation for doing what
      he did when he went up on the roof with Erica.
    • Alisa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, suki_forbes <no_reply@y...>
        wrote: I get Drivein Classics and I did see the very first one today.
        When they get to the episode with his motivation I will let you know
        because I can't remember why. It is the best show ever!
        > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Alisa" <alisaeca@y...>
        wrote:

        > > Does this mean they didn't show the very first
        > > episode? but one of the early ones? ):
        >
        > Actually I was able to get some of the early episodes on video from a
        > friend. I've never seen the show before but have really gotten into
        it
        > with what I've seen so far. It's a great show!
        >
        > I don't have access to Divein Cassics TV channel. Someone recently
        > posted here that they were starting up again on tv.
        >
        > I was just wondering about Rev. Matt and his motivation for doing
        what
        > he did when he went up on the roof with Erica.
      • drew790
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
          wrote:
          > In viewing the episode where Rev. Matt was up on the roof with
          Erica, I
          > can't help but wonder if he knew he wouldn't be able to persuade
          her to
          > not try and kill him but was willing to die because he had made
          peace
          > with God in his own mind and that his death might help those that
          were
          > still alive.

          I got that impression as well, that he knew he was going up there to
          die. It was never scripted as such, so it had to be totaly on the
          part of the actor. As I understand the situation surrounding the
          Strange Paradise firings, they didnt know they were fired till the
          day of shooting when they received their script. The cast would
          flip to the end to see if their character'd made it.

          Atleast thats how Bruce Grey tells it, so I don't know how accurate
          that is, as his story says only Jean-Paul & his servants survived,
          but Sylvia Feigel survived all the way till Harding Lemay took over
          as head writer.