Episodes 165 & 166 not being shown

  • drew790
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2005
      Something weird's going on at Drive-In! They're replaying eisodes 160
      & 161 in the place of 165 and 166, then next tuesday they're
      continuing to episode 167!
    • mikeatwost
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2005
        I figured that one out, Drew. Maybe the copies they have are in
        terrible condition or they're just lost.

        It seems like "Strange Paradise" is suffering from "Dark Shadows"
        syndrome -- an episode is completely lost and they scramble to
        improvise (this time, it's two consecutive episodes). Episode 166 I
        believe would be the introduction of Julien Desmond. Also, Robert
        Costello's last episode as proudcer is getting closer, unless he was
        let go at this point (end of 165 or 166).

        A few weeks back, the opening narrations were discontinued.
      • mikeatwost
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21, 2005
          And I forgot to add one more thing: Both shows were close to the end of
          their runs when one of their episodes went missing.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 21, 2005
            I am completely baffled by this news. I should double-check, but so
            far as I know, both episodes are in my archive, which comes from
            Richard's taping of a syndication many years ago. I definitely have
            the episode that shows Julian's arrival because I remember watching it
            last year quite clearly!

            On an unrelated topic, is anybody out there interested in trading with
            me for the three "missing" Tudi Wiggins (Helena Raleigh) episodes? I
            really need those shows. I'll take either tape or disc formats.

            Thanks, Steve
          • strangeparadiselibrary
            Message 5 of 5 , May 23, 2005
              Hey, Steve! I don't know if anyone has responded to you yet regarding
              the three "missing" Tudi Wiggins episodes, but I'll happily jump in
              with my two cents' worth. I'll be glad to trade you those three
              episodes for decent copies of 165 & 166, which DRIVE-IN CLASSICS has
              apparently skipped. My current copies of those 2 eps are pretty
              shoddy, and I'd love to see even average prints of them. I don't have
              the Tudi Wiggins eps in hand right now, but should be receiving them
              from my friend in Canada in about 6 weeks. If you're still interested
              in a swap, please just drop me a line and I'll be pleased to work
              something out with you. Catch you later!
              --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, gothick42 <no_reply@y...>