Re: [Strange Paradise] Ian Martin

  • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2005
      I am a LOTL fan, and today I've gotten the Season Three DVD set with
      "Scarab." This was one of the few cogent episodes of that season. I shall look
      forward to watching this episode knowing that Ian Martin had penned it.

      Am I mistaken though? According to Bruce Gray didn't Martin skip Canada for
      the Bahamas midway during SP's run? How did it become possible to sell a
      script in the States.

      David

      > I am guessing he did not have a lot of influence on Land of the Lost since
      > his sole writing credit on that sereis is for one episode 42 Scarab whihc was
      > the penultimate episode of the series. According to my research thtat
      > episode of Land of the Lost and many episodes of Strange Paradise are the only
      > genre TV creits he has.

    • Deborah Desmond
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 4:17 PM
        I'm a big LOTL fan, too. Haven't got the third season, yet. It's really been fun watching the episodes again.
        I did a web search on Ian Martin, and according to Filmography, there are not one or two Ian Martins, there are four. I don't think it was the same Ian Martin that wrote for SP, that wrote the ep. of LOTL. Anyway, I don't think he had anything to do with naming the characters. Sid and Marty Kroft came up with the idea for LOTL, and brought in David Gerrold to be story editor. David Gerrold said the Krofts hadn't even come up with the characters yet, when he was brought in. David Gerrold tells a lot of interesting stuff, in the Special Features section of the dvd's.
        Deborah