Re: New member...Just discovered the show...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2005
      Hi there,

      welcome to the list. If you check out the list archives (available on
      the Yahoogroups home page), you can read up on all the lore about the
      show we've shared here, over the years.

      As I understand it, the Drive-In Classics showing began with episode
      1 so yes, they showed the entire Maljardin storyline.

      Up until now, there have been three episodes missing, from around
      weeks 22 through 25 I believe (I just don't have time right now to
      look up the numbers). I am very curious to learn whether copies have
      been found for the Drive-in classics broadcasts of the show.

      That's cool that you enjoy old Canadian TV shows. Did you get hold
      of that book on the history of anglophone Canadian television? (I
      saw a great one on the French series last year during a visit to the
      Montreal library.) It has a good entry on SP. Apparently one of the
      critics dubbed our show Pagan Place.

      I don't know whether you have seen it or not, but a lot of the old SP
      crew went over to work on The Amazing Kreskin show, some seasons of
      which were also produced out of CGOH in Ottawa. When I interviewed
      some of the surviving crew members, they reminisced about how they
      drew on some of the lighting and other "tricks" they had picked up on
      their work on SP to produce Kreskin's show.

      Best wishes,