[Strange Paradise] Re: I need these episodes!!!!!!!!!!

  • funkydogmusicdotcom
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2004
      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Spears"
      <mar1wmc@h...> wrote:
      > my copies are as good as anything shown on the Sci-Fi Channel and
      are for
      > the way most part clear and commerical free. Are there bad copies
      out there?
      > The ones from Centaur are great copies. I was just grateful to get
      to see
      > the episodes regardless of the quality.

      I wouldn't mind anything from 118-156 if if the quality was rough.

      I have 1- 117 missing 108 and 116 and 160 to 195 with one or two
      missing.

      I'd just like to see the episodes for now.

      any thing I have from 106 on is rough but I wouldn't mind an up grade

      I would just replace the episodes later with better quality
      replacements later.

      I only hope the reruns on Canadian cable will spur on a DVD release
    • Scott Spears
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
        Thanks for the update. The show ran in 3 story arcs. You can tell this after
        you watch all of the episodes (except the missing ones). Each arc ran for 13
        weeks. 39 weeks w/5 episodes a week turns into 195 episodes. Toward the end
        of each arc, unnecessary or unneeded cast members are either *spoiler* --
        killed off, moved from one reality to the other, or sent away. Most of the
        episodes everyone is missing is from the second story arc which ends with
        Holly disappearing thru the door the Key fit with Philip. Since these
        episodes do not appear until at least the 22nd week of the series it will be
        interesting when they would appear on Drive In Classics. Can anyone out
        there calculate when these episodes will popup on the airing of the show so
        those that are taping the show can make sure these episodes get taped?
        Thanks

        >From: "lunatictyme" <lunatictyme@...>
        >To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Strange Paradise] Re: I need these episodes!!!!!!!!!!
        >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:02:07 -0000
        >

        >Since there's been a bit of speculation about the current broadcasts
        >of STRANGE PARADISE on Drive-In Classics increasing the quality of
        >the episodes in circulation among us fans (particularly in regards
        >to the later shows), I guess this is as good a time as any to stick
        >in my two cents' worth. Another member of this list and I have
        >struck a deal with a fellow inside Canada to record the entire run
        >of the show for us. I've provided him with a Panasonic digital
        >video recorder and he's taking the broadcasts directly from a
        >digital satellite feed, so the copies he is creating for us should
        >be of an excellent quality. Unfortunately, it will be several weeks
        >before the first of these recordings will make it down here from
        >Canada, but I'm most anxious to see what these broadcasts are going
        >to look like. I'm sure that it won't take long for these recordings,
        >and others like them, to start making the rounds among the faithful,
        >so don't despair. Let's just hope that maybe by some miracle the
        >three "lost" episodes will turn up in these new airings. - Curt
        >--- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, gothick42 <no_reply@y...>
        >wrote:
        > >
        > > I would really recommend folks looking for post week 21 episodes
        >of
        > > SP to sit tight and see whether tapes (or discs) of the current
        > > b'cast on Drive In Classics surface. The quality is going to be
        >much
        > > better than *any* of the known tapes of these later shows
        >currently
        > > available.
        > >
        > > Of course, if what you are looking for is the video equivalent of
        > > what used to be called a "reading copy" in the second-hand book
        > > trade, I guess it doesn't matter.
        > >
        > > Steve

      • Frederick Schrader
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
          Hi Steve, Drew and Everyone,
          I have episodes 106-125 and 161-195 that I made from videos borrowed from Joanna Desmond. I would love to finally fill in the gap with the episodes I am missing and maybe even get better copies of the post-Centaur episodes as well. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to tape these for distribution among the group from the Drive In broadcasts? I have a DVD Recorder and can either make copies of DVD or VHS. I could dub episodes for others in the group who are missing them as well. In case anyone is interested in helping out, I would be more than happy to pay for the recording media and shipping.
          I hope this helps!!
          Regards.
          Fred. Schrader
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
            Thanks for the offer of dubbing copies. I also have copies of tapes
            from Joannna Desmond and am missing the same ones that you are. I
            hope there's a generous fan recording the show off of the Drive-In
            Channel. I would gladly pay for copies. Does anyone think that the
            series will ever be released on DVD?
          • Joanna Desmond
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
              I thought I remember someone saying that there was someone taping
              them but I could be wrong.

              I sure hope there is someone doing that. I would love to have a
              complete dvd set.

              Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

              --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, sprules_1999