RE: [Strange Paradise] Re: STRANGE PARADISE - Drive-In Classics Information Update

  • Scott Spears
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
      Hey Steve,

      Thanks for the update and for clearing up some of the mis-information around
      Strange Paradise. Too bad about the missing shows as some featured Helena
      Raleigh and Erica's ghost. Anyway, some of the episodes around them fill in
      what happened anyway but too bad those shows did not really recap the action
      as some Strange Paradise episodes did eventually become the standard. Any
      ideas why during the run the voiceovers were used and then suddenly stopped?
      Great to see you at the Dark Shadows convention. I was the guy working in
      registration going up and down the lines checking for tickets, etc.. Great
      to put a face to a name. Do you have all of the episodes (minus the missing
      ones?) yet and weren't you working on a Strange Paradise book (sortof like
      the Dark Shadows Almanac)? Thought I might have been jumping the gun a
      little about "the Key" plotline as it wrapped up around volume 26 or so at
      the end of the second story arc, but was trying to figure out the episodes
      in my head instead of checking the tapes. Do the vignette's still exist or
      are we left to the pictures that make up the Strange Paradise logo on our
      strangeparadise2 pictures page? Proof that these vignettes were made appears
      in them as they use what looks like Pauline Collins as Erica, a different
      painter than Bruce Gray and that guy they used for the attorney Dan Forrest
      in the first episode. Did anyone ever get his name? I could post pictures if
      that would help jar someone's memory.