Long time lurker and another repeating question

  • funkydogmusicdotcom
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2004
      Hello all,

      My name is Aaron and I remember SP on ch. 5 in NYC. I was around 7
      then.

      I have all the Centuar releases. 21 vols. I need the rest of the of
      the show! I know this is an old question. Who has copies 106-195 to
      buy. Any at all. I'm glad I bought my original copies from Centaur
      before they folded.

      I've watched all 21 vols. for the 4th time over the past 2 yrs.

      I need to see more this is frustrating.

      Sorry if I am asking the same question without doing a search.

      Regards,

      Aaron Leone

      www.FunkyDogMusic.com
    • Will Curtis
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2004
        Hi, Aaron!
        I saw your posting on the SP list, and wanted to drop
        you a quick line. You and I have about the opposite
        situation, and I was hoping perhaps I could propose a
        trade of sorts. I only came to STRANGE PARADISE
        fairly recently, but have been actively amassing a
        library of episodes as best I can. Where you're
        looking for the later episodes, I've been desparately
        trying to locate anyone with the actual Centaur tapes
        (rather than the pirated copies generally floating
        around). The reason I'm looking for Centaur's
        releases is that I'm archiving all the episodes to
        DVD, and want to have the best quality source material
        possible for the transfers. I don't have nearly all
        of the post-105 episodes yet, but I have a source who
        has most of them taped from Canadian television, and
        he is sending them to me on a regular basis. He says
        that he is currently missing episodes 136 - 160 (as
        well as the 3 episodes believed to be completely
        missing from the syndication package), but otherwise,
        he is supplying me with all the existing episodes up
        to the end of the series. Currently, he has sent me
        everything thru episode 117, and I'm expecting another
        batch of about 35 episodes from him any day now.
        Anyway, as I said, I was hoping I might propose a
        trade to you. I'll be glad to go ahead and make DVDs
        of everything I have between episode 106 and 117 for
        you, and will supply you with copies of all the
        further material I get in the future, if you would be
        willing to help me out. What I'd like to do, if you
        are agreeable, is to borrow your Centaur tapes a
        couple at a time to transfer to DVD and upgrade my
        existing set. I would also make you a DVD copy of each
        tape you supplied, free of charge, so that you would
        have an archived copy of it as well. In fact, if you
        would be more comfortable, I could also mail you a DVD
        copy of my current (admittedly 2nd or 3rd generation
        copies) back-up of each Centaur volume BEFORE you
        loaned each tape to me, that way you would never be
        without some sort of permanent copy of each episode in
        the set. Then, when I finished transfering each tape
        and returned the cassette and its accompanying disc to
        you, you could send my old disc back, and we'd both be
        safe in our dealings. I realize this offer is
        somewhat out of the blue, coming from a complete
        stranger, but I was hoping we could help each other
        out. I still have my eyes open for a source on the 25
        episodes my friend is missing, and am optimistic that
        we'll be able to complete the set with out too much
        trouble. If you'd like to become a part of this,
        please do drop me a line at your convenience.
        Regardless of whether or not you are interested, I
        appreciate your time. Thanks so much, and I really
        hope to hear from you!
        All the best,
        Curt
        --- funkydogmusicdotcom
        <funkydogmusicdotcom@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > My name is Aaron and I remember SP on ch. 5 in NYC.
        > I was around 7
        > then.
        >

        > I have all the Centuar releases. 21 vols. I need
        > the rest of the of
        > the show! I know this is an old question. Who has
        > copies 106-195 to
        > buy. Any at all. I'm glad I bought my original
        > copies from Centaur
        > before they folded.
        >
        > I've watched all 21 vols. for the 4th time over the
        > past 2 yrs.
        >
        > I need to see more this is frustrating.
        >
        > Sorry if I am asking the same question without doing
        > a search.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Aaron Leone
        >
        > www.FunkyDogMusic.com

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • funkydogmusicdotcom
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2004
          Will, Let's see what we can do- Email me at Bartshome9@...\

          don't use my Yahoo account- I never check it.

          Let's get going trading some episodes. Or you can reach me through
          my website.

          www.FunkyDogMusic.com

          Regards,

          Aaron Leone