Fwd: Strange Paradise Videos for Sale

  • Ms Erica Desmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear Ones,

      I got a sweet note from the webmaster of the new website
      www.strangeparadise.net with info on the availability of getting episodes of
      Strange Paradise from his website. Instead of trying to explain it myself,
      will just give you the post as I received it:

      >From: "Jeff Carroll" <djeffcarroll@...>
      >To: "mar1wmc" <mar1wmc@...>
      >Subject: Re: Strange Paradise
      >Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:35:32 -0500
      >
      >Hey Erica,
      >
      >I have a friend who is sending me 5 sets of the entire series of Strange
      >Paradise on VHS that he got at a fan convention in Canada. It looks like
      >the first 105 episodes are the ones released by Centaur and the remaining
      >episodes were taped off live re-broadcasts in the early 1980's of the show
      >off of Canadian TV and maybe he traded for these, I don't know. Anyway, the
      >episodes, I have been told, are intact except for the below list. As far as
      >I know these are the only remaining complete copies available of the show
      >with that many episodes. The series was bought last year by a company in
      >India but no other information was available except that their copyright
      >was still in existence. The sets are complete except for 3 episodes and a
      >partial. I have updated the website to show the numbers of episodes that
      >are missing, they are:
      >1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100, 101-120*, 121-140**,141-160***, 161-180,
      >181-195.
      >
      >* - Episodes 108 & 116 missing (lost from series), ** - Episode 122 missing
      >(lost from series), *** - Episode 154 partial (taping errors).
      >
      >As far as I know episodes 108, 116, and 122 are lost from the series along
      >with the pilot episode. Episode 154 has a partial taping error and is hard
      >to watch. Dark Shadows had 1 lost episode and they backed up every single
      >episode with a copy, so I guess a series that didn't backup their episodes
      >and is missing only a couple of episodes is OK.
      >
      >Since I will not receive them until late January and plan to watch them
      >before selling the copies for quality assurance, I cannot say that they
      >will be available before February 2004. That is the reason for having them
      >advertised for February 2004. Also, since they are coming in 5 sets, and a
      >few people have inquired on the complete sets, I have decided to just sell
      >the sets for $290 including postage and handling (US funds only, check or
      >money order) and not seperate sets and wind up with partials as I do not
      >duplicate the tapes due to the copyright infringement possibilities and
      >respect those. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like to be on the
      >list, please let me know and will put you down for 1 of the 5 sets
      >available. Thanks for inquiring.
      >
      >--Jeff

      Sounds like good news for those fans who want the entire series at once. I
      have my copy reserved as the ones I ordered before never came for my other
      person I dealt with but I did not get charged so I guess it was OK. So I
      guess there are 4 other sets available. Anyone else? Then maybe we can have
      some great conversations about this great show!

      Love,

      Erica

      Say �goodbye� to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
      connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.