Spoilers, Un-resolved Stories, and the new movie.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
      Sorry, Strangers, about any "spoilers." I always just assumed (after
      being a member of this page for 4 years) that mainly die-hard SP fans
      who were familiar with the basic storylines followed these messages.
      I don't think I'm the first person who has "revealed" any plot points
      in the 500+ messages posted here. After all, we're talking about 195
      episodes of a 35-year-old TV series. There are hardly going to be
      any new plot twists unfolding.

      Now, about un-resolved stories. There were several that bug me from
      the Desmond Hall storyline. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!! First, what
      was up with Cort's dad? Who was he? How did he die? At one time,
      Cort was promising to avenge him. What was up with that? I've
      always wondered what Cort's last name was. Some claim it was Desmond
      or Thaxton, but that doesn't make much sense. Also, what about that
      skeleton in the secret room - whose was it? At first, I assumed it
      was Cort's dad. And then there were those caves below Desmond Hall.
      They sort of disappeared from everyone's minds as well.

      Finally, yes I saw an advertisment online years ago from Centaur
      seeking someone to write a screenplay based on the Maljardin story.
      I guess this idea fell by the wayside along with Centaur. I wish I
      would have saved it. The Maljardin story would make a nice complete
      story for a movie, whereas the Desmond Hall era was never completely
      resoved. As you said, too many loose ends. You could theoretically
      do the Maljardin story justice in a 2-3 hour movie. Colin Fox could
      do a cameo as the bartender at the French Leave Cafe.
    • Joanna Desmond
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
        Oh no, Colin Fox would have to be a main character! He could still be
        Jean Paul and the patriach of the Desmond clan.

        Joanna

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, sprules_1999 <no_reply@y...>