Peg Dixon: Biography

  • Ms Erica Desmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      Peg Dixon: worked in Spider-Man...as Betty Brant. She was Ada Thaxton in the
      soap opera Strange Paradise and found continuing voice work in Rankin Bass
      Productions' Festival of Family Classics (1972-73), but then disappeared
      from the screen.

      I've tracked Peg Dixon down! After 40 years as an actor and
      "sometime-journalist" in Winnipeg, Toronto and Vancouver, she now goes by
      the name Melissa Dixon. In LYNX, an online journal for poets, she wrote: "I
      am now retired, living happily on Vancouver Island, close to two sons and
      daughter on the Lower Mainland, B.C. Since 1992, I have had a number of
      haiku published in Canadian and American magazines, one which gained a
      "Best-of-issue Award" in Modern Haiku." She's also involved in tanka,
      another form of Japanese poetry.

      One of her sons, Miles McNamara, has appeared often on TV as an actor; now
      living in Vancouver, he's a director, contract producer and editor. In 1978,
      he made a guest appearance on the live-action TV series The Incredible Hulk.
      Really!

      MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.
      http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_customize