Re: Dark Shadows Similarities

  • jh11786
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22 8:20 AM
      > Did Dark Shadows ever borrow ideas from SP? SP went off in 1970.

      I think that the final arc for Dark Shadows- the 1841 Parallel Time
      story seemed to be ripping off both "Wuthering Heights" and "Strange
      Paradise". The whole story seemed to be a rehash of the early days of
      Maljardin. The family curse and being married to your true love's
      sibling. A lot of Raoua, Huaco and Jacques could be seen. Maybe
      that's why I love the final days of "Dark Shadows" so much.

      I still think that early Desmond Hall was a cheap imitation of "Dark
      Shadows", but the Desmond Hall story seemed to be picking up steam
      with the introduction of Agatha Pruitt and Helena Raleigh.