Strange Paradise on VHS *updated*

  • Ms Erica Desmond
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
      Hello Dear Ones,

      From my understanding only the first 100 episodes were released on tape by
      Centaur Distribution Corporation. These episodes cover my reign over
      Maljardin Island and thru my reappearance as Helena Raleigh in Desmondton,
      by I digress. Anyway, I guess that means that only 20 volumes were made
      available as each tape is supposed to have 5 episodes on them. The series
      ran for 195 episodes. I do not know why the other 95 episodes were not
      released. Looking on ebay, there is a seller named Joel Meadows who seems to
      have these first 100 episodes. His email is nmeadows@.... He
      advertises on ebay quite frequently. I have not used him as a source, but
      check him out carefully if you do. Buy a sample tape and go from there.
      Anyway, talking with several people here it is my understanding that most
      people only got around 10 volumes (50 episodes) before Centaur either
      declared bankruptcy or just disappeared as no one seems to really know. It
      was reported here awhile back that an Indian company bought the series but
      again there is little information on them to go on. Hopefully someone here
      will know the answers to how many tapes were released, who bought the
      series, upcoming release on VHS or DVD, etc.. Anybody?

      Love,

      Erica

      >From: "thezipperknows" <thezipperknows@...>
      >To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Strange Paradise] Re: Dark Shadows Festival - Erica comments --
      >had a blast!!!!
      >Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:09:31 -0000
      >
      >Thanks for the report. I was there as well, and had a great time.
      >In terms of the Strange Paradise episodes, are the ones originally
      >released on tape of the ones that never got released on tape?

      Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality!
      http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
        Actually, the first 105 episodes were released by Centaur on 21
        tapes. I have purchased copies of all 21 from Joel Meadows off of
        ebay. His copies are good and he is very quick on shipping them out.