Dark Shadows Festival - Erica comments -- had a blast!!!!

  • Ms Erica Desmond
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Dear Ones,

      The Dark Shadows Fest was great and I had a great time as there were almost
      3000 people and most were new to the DS Fest. A lot of them had heard of
      Strange Paradise but none had seen the show. Must be very, very hard to
      watch the episodes indeed. There were 70 tables for the banquet, and I got
      to sit near Donna Wandrey (Roxanne Drew, vampiress) from the show. -- can
      you imagine. Anyway, met a lot of new friends and saw NYC sights with them.
      Missed seeing all of you at the convention. Dark Shadows Festival noted that
      there would still be Dark Shadows Festivals with one and two day events. No
      more three day events however and invited me to set up a table for Strange
      Paradise next year, so will probably do that and not DragonCon in Atlanta.
      NYC has a better feel to it anyway. More gothic. By the way, the next
      Festival will be on the east coast again next year at Tarrytown, NY at a
      smaller hotel. No date announced or any additional information til early
      2004. Again, check out their website at www.darkshadowsfestival.com for info
      if you are interested in attending. Stars that came included: David Selby,
      Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott, Chris Pennock, James Storm, John Karlen,
      Terry Crawford, Nancy Barrett, Marie Wallace, Donna Wandrey, and Diana
      Millay. Jonathan Frid is living in Ontario, Canada and has pretty much given
      up traveling at 80 years old, so Barnabas did not show up. Lisa Richards was
      a no-show.

      Just got a UPS package while writing this message and opened it to find the
      first 20 episodes of Strange Paradise this morning. Am excited about
      watching an episode every (5 days a week). 39 weeks minus a few days for the
      missing episodes. Will treat those as pre-emptions. After all the show did
      air during the Vietnam War. There were probably a few of those. Anyone know?
      All for now.

      Love, Erica

      http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental
    • thezipperknows
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
        Thanks for the report. I was there as well, and had a great time.
        In terms of the Strange Paradise episodes, are the ones originally
        released on tape of the ones that never got released on tape?