Re: Writer Problems

  • Joanna Desmond
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Yes, I never understood the transformation of Raxl either. I am
      rewatching the episodes and all I can think of is the change in
      writers. That seems to be the problem with so many shows.

      I remember when Dark Shadows was on TV my friends and I could tell by
      what was happening to what characters who wrote the episode.

      Dark Shadows and Gilligan's Island! What a hoot! Good one!

      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, sprules_1999 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > The most frustrating thing for SP fans is the lack of continuity
      > between writers. The whole premise at the beginning was JP's love
      > for this wonderful woman Erica, who ultimately turns out to be the
      > wife from hell. Also, let's not forget the whole Raxl turnabout at
      > the end. What was up with that???????
      >
      > I loved the comment about the Maljardin episodes as a cross between
      > Dark Shadows and Gilligan's Island! I had never thought of that
      > before, but you are so right!!!
      >
      > By the way, I am still looking for copies of episodes 131-160. I
      > have almost every other episode for which I will gladly trade. I
      > also have almost every Dark Shadows episode if anyone would like to
      > trade for any of those. I am also willing to pay for copies of 131-
      > 160.
      >
      > If you have these episodes for trade or sale, contact me at:
      >
      > strangeparadise@j...
    • jh11786
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        Continuity was non-existant between the writers. The most painful
        period are the weeks prior to Erica's return to Maljardin. I really
        don't think that the writers had any clue where they were going. I
        remember a scene in the lab when Alison was analyzing the bloody
        locket and someone else mentioning a vampire was on the loose. Raxl
        and Quito looked at each other as if there may have been some truth
        to the matter. Did the writers have no clue for which show they were
        writing or was there tentative plans to introduced Barnabas Jr?
      • Joanna Desmond
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2003
          I will have to look at that episode again! I remember Allison looking
          at the locket but not the vampire remark. It would have been really
          interesting if they had done some sort of "cross-over" between Dark
          Shadows and Strange Paradise.

          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, jh11786 <no_reply@y...>