Writer Problems

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 10:35 AM
      The most frustrating thing for SP fans is the lack of continuity
      between writers. The whole premise at the beginning was JP's love
      for this wonderful woman Erica, who ultimately turns out to be the
      wife from hell. Also, let's not forget the whole Raxl turnabout at
      the end. What was up with that???????

      I loved the comment about the Maljardin episodes as a cross between
      Dark Shadows and Gilligan's Island! I had never thought of that
      before, but you are so right!!!

      By the way, I am still looking for copies of episodes 131-160. I
      have almost every other episode for which I will gladly trade. I
      also have almost every Dark Shadows episode if anyone would like to
      trade for any of those. I am also willing to pay for copies of 131-
      160.

      If you have these episodes for trade or sale, contact me at:

      strangeparadise@...
    • Joanna Desmond
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 10:46 AM
        Yes, I never understood the transformation of Raxl either. I am
        rewatching the episodes and all I can think of is the change in
        writers. That seems to be the problem with so many shows.

        I remember when Dark Shadows was on TV my friends and I could tell by
        what was happening to what characters who wrote the episode.

        Dark Shadows and Gilligan's Island! What a hoot! Good one!

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, sprules_1999 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > The most frustrating thing for SP fans is the lack of continuity
        > between writers. The whole premise at the beginning was JP's love
        > for this wonderful woman Erica, who ultimately turns out to be the
        > wife from hell. Also, let's not forget the whole Raxl turnabout at
        > the end. What was up with that???????
        >
        > I loved the comment about the Maljardin episodes as a cross between
        > Dark Shadows and Gilligan's Island! I had never thought of that
        > before, but you are so right!!!
        >
        > By the way, I am still looking for copies of episodes 131-160. I
        > have almost every other episode for which I will gladly trade. I
        > also have almost every Dark Shadows episode if anyone would like to
        > trade for any of those. I am also willing to pay for copies of 131-
        > 160.
        >
        > If you have these episodes for trade or sale, contact me at:
        >
        > strangeparadise@j...
      • jh11786
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1 11:15 AM
          Continuity was non-existant between the writers. The most painful
          period are the weeks prior to Erica's return to Maljardin. I really
          don't think that the writers had any clue where they were going. I
          remember a scene in the lab when Alison was analyzing the bloody
          locket and someone else mentioning a vampire was on the loose. Raxl
          and Quito looked at each other as if there may have been some truth
          to the matter. Did the writers have no clue for which show they were
          writing or was there tentative plans to introduced Barnabas Jr?
        • Joanna Desmond
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 8:48 AM
            I will have to look at that episode again! I remember Allison looking
            at the locket but not the vampire remark. It would have been really
            interesting if they had done some sort of "cross-over" between Dark
            Shadows and Strange Paradise.

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, jh11786 <no_reply@y...>