The real life Erica Desmond?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2012
      Hey, Strangers!
      I have an off-beat little link to share with everyone this evening - one that bears a somewhat odd connection to STRANGE PARADISE. Check it out to see a photo of actress Inge Adams, the wife of SP co-creator Ian Martin:

      http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=H4pJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=EAwNAAAAIBAJ&pg=2072,117317&dq=inge-adams&hl=en

      Sadly, Inge passed away in the mid 1960s, just a few years before Ian was tapped to craft the history of Maljardin and the Desmond family. In fact, there has been strong speculation that it was her death which inspired Ian to write of the devoted Jean Paul's tragic loss of his beloved Erica. Whether or not Inge Adams was truly the inspiration for Erica Desmond will probably never be known, but it is certain that without her husband's imagination, STRANGE PARADISE would not have been the fascinating saga that we all know and love.
      -Curt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
        Interesting, Curt! Thanks!