Trivia Questions

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5 4:28 PM
      Okay Strangers, there hasn't been much activity here lately, so to
      get things going again - here are some Desmond Family trivia
      questions:

      1. What were the names of Jean Paul and Philip's parents?

      2. Who was Ada's father?

      3. How was Ada's father related to Jean Paul and Philip?

      4. What business did the Desmond Family own in Desmondton?

      5. What was the name of Jacques' wife?

      The first member to answer all 5 correctly wins an all-expense paid
      vacation to the French Leave Cafe, where you can check in anytime you
      want, but you can never leave.
    • jh11786
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 12:06 PM
        Jean Paul and Philip's parents were Gerard and Amanda Desmond when
        Cornelius Crane was writing the series. When Harding Lemay was
        penning the series, their father's name was Armand.

        Ada's father claimed her father was Benjamin Desmond in episode 165,
        but when her "daddy" arrived in the following episode, he was Julien.

        Ada's father was the uncle of Jean Paul and Philip. Cousin Philip was
        a member of a separate branch of the Desmond family, at least in
        Lemay's latter episodes. Cousin's Philip's grandfather married a
        Native American and became the black sheep. I don't believe that a
        strong connection was made to link the branches.

        In Desmondton, the family owned a lumber mill.

        Jacques was was Huaco Des Mondes.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6 4:24 PM
          Congrats! You definitely know your Desmonds! You know, Harding
          Lemay sure changed the established history as he went.
        • jh11786
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 3:00 PM
            Another set of trivia questions is in order, sticking with the
            Desmond family history:

            1. What was the name of Jacques' sister-in-law who he had an affair
            with?

            2. What illness did Philip Desmond, Jean Paul's brother, suffer from
            as a child?

            3. Where did Julien Desmond die?

            4. Who was Jacques' mother and what was her title?

            5. What was the name of Laslo Thaxton's former wife?

            A question for which I don't know the answer, but that has been
            puzzling me:

            How do you spell Raxl's surname? It was pronounced len-wa or
            something of like that.
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15 2:55 PM
              Man, tough questions! Jacques sister-in-law was Rauaa (not sure
              about the spelling). I believe Dawn Greenhalgh played her in a
              flashback. You've got me stumped on the rest. I remember Philip had
              a childhood illness, but I'd have to search back through my tapes to
              find the answer. Right now, I'm missing episodes 134-180, so maybe
              that's where the answers are! I didn't know Raxl's surname was ever
              mentioned! Good questions - anyone else out there in Strange
              Paradise Land know the answers???
            • jh11786
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 22 6:44 PM
                Yes, it was Raoua was Jacque's sister-in-law. The illness that Philip
                had was mentioned in the episodes that you do have. The place of
                Julien Desmond's death is in the episodes that you don't have.
                However, the story of Laslo's first wife was his exit story, so its
                possible that your missing that as well. I know that Jacques &
                Phillipe's mother is mentioned several times, during the final seven
                weeks, but when I don't remember.