Re: [Strange Paradise] New Dark Shadows Footage Reveals Collinwood Mansion

  • Jonathan Reiter
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
      Okay. What about the Leviathans
      Jonathan Michael Reiter
      jmr
      From: Rachel Cavic
      Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:48 PM
      To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Strange Paradise] New Dark Shadows Footage Reveals Collinwood Mansion

      Parallel Time in the series was where Barnabas slipped into this empty room
      and encountered Quentin and Maggie married. Basically it was all the same
      people he knew but their lives took on a different turn because they had
      made different choices. In that arc, Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca and Mary
      Shelley's Frankenstein were used.

      _____

      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
        Heh that will take a little longer to explain but I'll do my best. It is a
        storyline generally hated by fans (myself included). Let's see....it takes
        place right after Barnabas returns from 1897. If you remember the Adam and
        Eve plot, it kind of continues with that only this time it deals with a
        Rosemary's baby type plot. These two antique owners end up carrying for a
        baby who grows rapidly into a man. The evil plot is that he should marry
        Carolyn and then together the two of them will bring about this demon super
        race. Erm yeah.....

        _____

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
          Really? You don’t like that? I like that for the simple value of its cheese! I mean, really! What is there not to like? I am open to suggestions...
          Jonathan Michael Reiter
          jmr

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
            Heh.....ooh some of it was OK but it really didn't always jell. We did get
            Chris Pennock as a regular from it though and that was awesome. I guess it
            was just a bit of a let-down since Quentin and 1897 (which also should have
            been shorter since that dragged on and on) was so intriguing....then we come
            back to the present-time and get Rosemary's demon child. I don't know. Some
            fans liked it but not many. I think when it aired, a lot of fans wrote in
            protesting it so they ended it faster than they had initially planned.

            _____

            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            Mansion

            I know my stomach is in knots. I can't believe those 2 call themselves
            fans of Dark Shadows. Humor doesn't work with Dark Shadows.

            On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Scott <mailto:crmfghtr%40yahoo.com
            <mailto:crmfghtr%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Oh boy. Well I just saw the trailer, it started out looking so good, but
            > then you see, DS has been Burtonized. Its a campy comedy, are you kidding
            > me?
            >
            > ________________________________
            > From: Ron Janick <mailto:ron.bella.daisy%40gmail.com
            <mailto:ron.bella.daisy%40gmail.com> >
            > To: Carole Ballanga <mailto:Storm2Cove%40aol.com
            <mailto:Storm2Cove%40aol.com> >; "
            > mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> " <
            > mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> >; Dee Gurnett <
            > mailto:sixthmogdog%40aol.com <mailto:sixthmogdog%40aol.com> >; DS Forever
            <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Forever%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Forever%40yahoogroups.com> >;
            > DS Original_Series <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Original_Series%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Original_Series%40yahoogroups.com> >;
            > mailto:fans_of_the_supernatural%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:fans_of_the_supernatural%40yahoogroups.com> ; Marilyn Angelo <
            > mailto:mangelo%40binghamton.edu <mailto:mangelo%40binghamton.edu> >; Pam &
            Walter
            Lewis <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com> >; Robert
            > Quarry Fans <mailto:tributetorobertquarry%40yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:tributetorobertquarry%40yahoogroups.com> >; STRANGE PARADISE69 <
            > mailto:strangeparadise69%40yahoogroups.com

          • Scott
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
              I actually didn't mind that one too much, it had the return of Paul Stoddard which made it fun, Dennis Patrick always brightens things up

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                Well there is some good laughs with the bloopers, and Julia has some unintentional funny moments, so unintentional humor there was!

                ________________________________
                From: Scott <crmfghtr@...>
                Sender: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:17:59
                To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com<strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com>

                Think of this, was there ever any humor ever in Dark Shadows?  I don't think there is one laugh, its the antithesis !  Lets be thankful Tim is not doing SP too, good lord.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                  I just wish they had done more with Paul Stoddard. I feel like they had
                  mountains of opportunity there and they blew it.

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                    Yeah they did for sure

                    ________________________________

                  • chrisleopard@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 16, 2012
                      So far I have now lost any interest in really seeing this movie. Tim Burton
                      has ruined it for me. Having been a DS fan since the show first arid and
                      have loved the Barnabas/Angelique story and have met most of the DS cast. I
                      am very upset and disappointed in the treatment of the show.
                      Chris

                      In a message dated 3/15/2012 3:28:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                      crmfghtr@... writes:

                      I guess its just part of what pleases todays audience of little class,
                      read MTV's review of the trailer, it was honest at least about ticking us off
                      http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681161/dark-shadows-trailer.jhtml

                    • chrisleopard@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 16, 2012
                        I liked the Parallel time period for the most part.
                        Chris

                        Subject: Re: [Strange Paradise] New Dark Shadows Footage Reveals

                        Lewis <kutlass@... <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com> >; Robert