New Dark Shadows Footage Reveals Collinwood Mansion

    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 14, 2012
      Here's some more screen grabs from the teaser:
      http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/

      Don't know what to make of the scene with Barnabas and a bottle of Mrs.
      Butterworth's syrup...lol, and Julia with what appears tp be a hang-over.
      Look and you will see an exterior of the new Collinwood...looks a little
      like Seaview Terrace.

      --
      Ron and The Boston Babe:
      Daisy and at the Bridge: Bella, Tiki, Coco, Pepe, Tiny and Flower

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
        Oh boy.  Well I just saw the trailer, it started out looking so good, but then you see, DS has been Burtonized.  Its a campy comedy, are you kidding me?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
          I hate it too...as I have made known on my facebook page. This movie belongs
          in Parallel Time. In fact, I think only Parallel Time audiences are going to
          enjoy it.

          _____

          From: Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...
          <mailto:ron.bella.daisy%40gmail.com> >
          To: Carole Ballanga <Storm2Cove@... <mailto:Storm2Cove%40aol.com> >;
          "Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> "
          <Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> >; Dee Gurnett
          <sixthmogdog@... <mailto:sixthmogdog%40aol.com> >; DS Forever
          <Dark_Shadows_Forever@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Forever%40yahoogroups.com> >; DS Original_Series
          <Dark_Shadows_Original_Series@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Original_Series%40yahoogroups.com> >;
          fans_of_the_supernatural@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:fans_of_the_supernatural%40yahoogroups.com> ; Marilyn Angelo
          <mangelo@... <mailto:mangelo%40binghamton.edu> >; Pam & Walter
          Lewis <kutlass@... <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com> >; Robert Quarry Fans
          <tributetorobertquarry@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:tributetorobertquarry%40yahoogroups.com> >; STRANGE PARADISE69
          <strangeparadise69@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
            Haha you got that right, my jaw was hanging open by the time it was finished

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
              I know my stomach is in knots. I can't believe those 2 call themselves
              fans of Dark Shadows. Humor doesn't work with Dark Shadows.

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                Think of this, was there ever any humor ever in Dark Shadows?  I don't think there is one laugh, its the antithesis !  Lets be thankful Tim is not doing SP too, good lord.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                  You know what the first clue should have been?  Notice the original cast has said they have cameo roles etc.  But none of them have said, "you are going to love this movie, everything DS could be"  They have remained mostly silent which I thought was odd, now I know why

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                    Granted they had some humor in the revival (which I loved) but it was light
                    on the humor because as well all know, Dark Shadows IS a Gothic
                    Romance/Fantasy. In the original series, they had a low budget and some of
                    the acting wasn't the best but everyone took themselves VERY seriously. It
                    was a melodrama after all. I cringe to think what would happen if those two
                    jokers got a hold of Strange Paradise. That would be a travesty but
                    fortunately for us...our little show has fallen mostly into obscurity and I
                    doubt either one of them would have seen it.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                      LMAO! That's what I just wrote, Scott! Hehe....I hope my continuation of the
                      series in audio format will do the series justice. You guys can rest-assured
                      it won't be some goofy comedy.

                      _____

                      From: Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                        Yup pretty much. And perhaps they will be just as shocked having not seen
                        the finished product. I bet we'll get to know what they think after it
                        premieres.

                        _____

                        From: Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                          You writing I have seen is excellent, now that I anticipate!  The DS film, *sigh*

                          ________________________________

                          From: Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...

                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                            I guess its just part of what pleases todays audience of little class, read MTV's review of the trailer, it was honest at least about ticking us off
                            http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681161/dark-shadows-trailer.jhtml

                            ________________________________

                          • ron.bella.daisy@gmail.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                              Right, he would destroy SP. You know there are fans who think DS was comical.
                              Sent from my BlackBerry� by Boost Mobile

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                Thanks Scott! As far as the DS film goes.....yeah, I won't bother wasting my
                                money to see that at the movies.

                                _____

                                From: Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...
> [...]

                                > strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
                                > Here's some more screen grabs from the teaser:
                                > http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/
                                >
                                > Don't know what to make of the scene with Barnabas and a bottle of Mrs.
                                > Butterworth's syrup...lol, and Julia with what appears tp be a hang-over.
                                > Look and you will see an exterior of the new Collinwood...looks a little
                                > like Seaview Terrace.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Ron and The Boston Babe:
                                > Daisy and at the Bridge: Bella, Tiki, Coco, Pepe, Tiny and Flower
                                >
                                > *"Dobby never meant to kill, Dobby only meant to main--or seriously
                                > injure."
                                > *
                                >
                                > Dobby, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows--Part1"

                                Ron and The Boston Babe:
                                Daisy and at the Bridge: Bella, Tiki, Coco, Pepe, Tiny and Flower

                              • Jonathan Reiter
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                  That's right. DS was not exactly humourous... Even if the end result is,
                                  however unintentional...
                                  By the by, I need to be reminded about something. What was Parallel time
                                  all about? I don't remember at the moment...
                                  Jonathan Michael Reiter
                                  jmr

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                    Parallel Time in the series was where Barnabas slipped into this empty room
                                    and encountered Quentin and Maggie married. Basically it was all the same
                                    people he knew but their lives took on a different turn because they had
                                    made different choices. In that arc, Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca and Mary
                                    Shelley's Frankenstein were used.

                                    _____

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                      Okay. What about the Leviathans
                                      Jonathan Michael Reiter
                                      jmr

                                      <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      Mansion

                                      I know my stomach is in knots. I can't believe those 2 call themselves
                                      fans of Dark Shadows. Humor doesn't work with Dark Shadows.

                                      On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Scott <mailto:crmfghtr%40yahoo.com
                                      <mailto:crmfghtr%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

                                      > **
                                      >

                                      > Oh boy. Well I just saw the trailer, it started out looking so good, but
                                      > then you see, DS has been Burtonized. Its a campy comedy, are you kidding
                                      > me?
                                      >
                                      > ________________________________
                                      > From: Ron Janick <mailto:ron.bella.daisy%40gmail.com
                                      <mailto:ron.bella.daisy%40gmail.com> >
                                      > To: Carole Ballanga <mailto:Storm2Cove%40aol.com <mailto:Storm2Cove%40aol.com> >; "
                                      > mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> " <
                                      > mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:Christian_Dark_Shadows_Fans%40yahoogroups.com> >; Dee Gurnett <
                                      > mailto:sixthmogdog%40aol.com <mailto:sixthmogdog%40aol.com> >; DS Forever
                                      <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Forever%40yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Forever%40yahoogroups.com> >;
                                      > DS Original_Series <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Original_Series%40yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:Dark_Shadows_Original_Series%40yahoogroups.com> >;
                                      > mailto:fans_of_the_supernatural%40yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:fans_of_the_supernatural%40yahoogroups.com> ; Marilyn Angelo <
                                      > mailto:mangelo%40binghamton.edu <mailto:mangelo%40binghamton.edu> >; Pam & Walter
                                      Lewis <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com <mailto:kutlass%40msn.com> >; Robert

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                        Heh that will take a little longer to explain but I'll do my best. It is a
                                        storyline generally hated by fans (myself included). Let's see....it takes
                                        place right after Barnabas returns from 1897. If you remember the Adam and
                                        Eve plot, it kind of continues with that only this time it deals with a
                                        Rosemary's baby type plot. These two antique owners end up carrying for a
                                        baby who grows rapidly into a man. The evil plot is that he should marry
                                        Carolyn and then together the two of them will bring about this demon super
                                        race. Erm yeah.....

                                        _____

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                          Really? You don’t like that? I like that for the simple value of its cheese! I mean, really! What is there not to like? I am open to suggestions...
                                          Jonathan Michael Reiter
                                          jmr

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                            Heh.....ooh some of it was OK but it really didn't always jell. We did get
                                            Chris Pennock as a regular from it though and that was awesome. I guess it
                                            was just a bit of a let-down since Quentin and 1897 (which also should have
                                            been shorter since that dragged on and on) was so intriguing....then we come
                                            back to the present-time and get Rosemary's demon child. I don't know. Some
                                            fans liked it but not many. I think when it aired, a lot of fans wrote in
                                            protesting it so they ended it faster than they had initially planned.

                                            _____

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                              I actually didn't mind that one too much, it had the return of Paul Stoddard which made it fun, Dennis Patrick always brightens things up

                                              ________________________________

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                                Well there is some good laughs with the bloopers, and Julia has some unintentional funny moments, so unintentional humor there was!

                                                ________________________________

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                                  I just wish they had done more with Paul Stoddard. I feel like they had
                                                  mountains of opportunity there and they blew it.

                                                  _____

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 15, 2012
                                                    Yeah they did for sure

                                                    ________________________________

                                                  • chrisleopard@aol.com
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 16, 2012
                                                      So far I have now lost any interest in really seeing this movie. Tim Burton
                                                      has ruined it for me. Having been a DS fan since the show first arid and
                                                      have loved the Barnabas/Angelique story and have met most of the DS cast. I
                                                      am very upset and disappointed in the treatment of the show.
                                                      Chris

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Mar 16, 2012
                                                        I liked the Parallel time period for the most part.
                                                        Chris

                                                        In a message dated 3/15/2012 3:48:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                                                        rachel@... writes:

                                                        Parallel Time in the series was where Barnabas slipped into this empty room
                                                        and encountered Quentin and Maggie married. Basically it was all the same
                                                        people he knew but their lives took on a different turn because they had
                                                        made different choices. In that arc, Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca and Mary
                                                        Shelley's Frankenstein were used.

                                                        _____

                                                        <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
                                                        Subject: Re: [Strange Paradise] New Dark Shadows Footage Reveals
                                                        Collinwood
                                                        Mansion