Featured link - producer Selig Alkon

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
      Howdy, Strangers! I've decided to get a jump on the weekend by posting our Featured Link early this time around. As you know, I usually share tidbits about the various actors who appeared in STRANGE PARADISE, but I'm stepping a bit outside the box this week. Scan to the bottom of this link's "Summer Fun in Chicago" column for an anecdote about SP producer Selig Alkon:

      http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=o0tQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Ew4EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5473,2804283&dq=selig-alkon&hl=en

      This clipping comes courtesy of the 9/25/72 edition of THE TOLEDO BLADE (just three years after SP's American premiere). I hope everyone enjoys this little bit of ephemera. Have a great weekend! -Curt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
        That's a fun clipping about Selig Alkon and family. But I think the paper misprinted the daughter's age. 6 seems far too young to be attending such a school. I wonder whether it was either 16 or another, somewhat older age?

        Thanks again Curt!