Dawn Greenhalgh--Slings and Arrows season 3

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
      Strangers,

      it's interesting to see that Alison was mentioned in Curt's latest clipping (cool stuff! thanks, Curt!). I just finished watching a brief but memorable cameo appearance by Dawn Greenhalgh in the final season, season 3, of the Canadian theatre-themed mini-series, Slings & Arrows. In episode one of that season (the DVD is available on Netflix), Dawn appears in a brief scene from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, portraying Titania, Queen of the Fairies. The scene is set in a retirement home and the production is being directed by William Hutt who was a legendary actor in Canadian theatre, particularly in the Stratford Shakespeare Festival (upon which Slings & Arrows is based).

      I think this may be Dawn's only other work beyond SP that I have ever seen. I missed her on my first viewing of the episode, spotted her name in the credits, and in re-watching, knew her instantly. It's great to see her doing Shakespeare!

      Alison is a personal favorite character of mine so getting to see this short scene was quite a thrill for me.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
        Thanks for pointing out that great cameo for Dawn Greenhalgh in SLINGS & ARROWS, Steve! As you already know, S&A is one of my favorite shows, and it's great to see it pop up here in connection with another of my beloved series. BTW, Dawn has continued to work on both stage and screen quite a bit, and you can spot her in a movie from just a few years back. She had a brief, but memorable appearance in the Ray Romano / Gene Hackman comedy WELCOME TO MOOSEPORT (as a waitress in the local diner). That film's credits also list Pat Moffatt, but despite multiple viewings, I haven't been able to spot her.

        BTW, SLINGS & ARROWS has another interesting (if tenuous) connection with SP. In the final episode of Season One, we see flashbacks of a performance of HAMLET. In the role of Claudius is John R. Bayliss, the actor initially cast as Jean Paul in STRANGE PARADISE, but who quit the role while the series was still in the development stage. It's neat to see the guy who was ALMOST a big part of our favorite supernatural serial! -Curt